• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yes, I have all, but never left full time. Maybe for days or weeks but not always.

#1 choice is a Remington 870, 12 gauge, 18" barrel, +2 mag, Knoxx folder

Keltec 9mm in a laptop bag, uses Glock mags
    Remington 870 youth 20 gauge
    AR broken down in a case.

When things are "hot" a soft 3-gun case (kit so to speak) with shotgun, rifle and handgun go in the truck.

Key is cheap, Ok to lose it with or from the vehicle. A basic SKS makes a lot of sense for this purpose. I just prefer small and/or light weight in case I have to go on foot.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I switch a 243AI Kimber Montana back and forth between my truck and UTV. If it's trapping season and I'm trapping I add a CZ452 + AAC Pilot.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I carry a savage 93 .22 magnum in the truck for groundhogs and coyotes it also goes on the tractor or combine with me if it gets knocked around I dont figure Im out much and has been a pretty accurate rifle for me.

willie69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    my friend mike had a truck gun rack in his chevy truck and he stopped at a truck stop on a recent hunting trip to get a bite to eat when he came out his back window was smashed in all guns gone it's getting scary out there

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Just food for thought but for me there came a day when I realized shooting a gun in and among vehicles AKA windshields and doors was different then on the move on foot to get home.

This day was when a whack job approached my truck in traffic in Atlanta. I was in 6-8 lanes of traffic at a red light and boxed in at a major intersection. Of all the vehicles and all the people there that day my ex wife had found a way to get this guy to focus on her. He never went directly in front of my truck so I could not run him over. No electric windows in a 1981 C-10 so I could not take control of her window and roll it up.

So for me, 12 or 20 gauge slugs are my preference. Also, no dumba**es in the truck. Add to that, at least for the moment, no more big city living either.

No, a shotgun in the vehicle does not solve the problem described above, but it made me decide what I wanted in general if I stepped out of my truck.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i kept my sidefolder Tantal in my trunk before i sold it. this served two purposes- one ridiculous and one practical:

1) a long gun with 30 round capacity in the infinitely miniscule chance i would need it
    2) so the wife wouldn't know i had bought yet another rifle

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Used to have a Rem 870 but that Express finish rusts if you look at it funny.

Maybe I should just tie an AK to the bumper and drag it with me :D

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    usually

I go to a lot of High school ball games so my stuff is in and out a lot. but I've got a 10/22 in a BC sidefolder behind the seat as a cat gun most days and my sig on my belt or the XD in my man bag. I don't get out much in the POV these days.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've considered making my Century C91 my truck gun, I just hav'nt yet. My thought is there shouldnt be much I couldnt stop with .308. Its a cheap gun with even cheaper parts (mags .97cents) and it likes the cheap ammo:D

driver4562

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    West side of Indy
    Fail for getting off topic! Your account has been locked :):

The M&P backs up the AR. ha ha

I can't carry a long gun or hand gun in my vehicle - work has prohibited it. but If I did I would go with my Mini 14 with 30 rd mags. looks pretty tough.

to go with it either a 1911 or Springfield XD.. depending on weather.

Top Bottom