• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have replaced several GM 4WD front bearing assembly's in my time owning them. Some howl at 1st. If you pay no heed and keep rolling they take on an angry sound that ends in a popping sound that ends with your rig on a hook.
    I never let mine get to the hook part. The wife drove her Yukon to the point just before the hook and did not tell me it was sick. I drove it around the block when she did tell me and was lucky to make it back home. Could be any of the issues listed. Stop driving it and get it to the shop.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I have replaced several GM 4WD front bearing assembly's in my time owning them. Some howl at 1st. If you pay no heed and keep rolling they take on an angry sound that ends in a popping sound that ends with your rig on a hook.
    I never let mine get to the hook part. The wife drove her Yukon to the point just before the hook and did not tell me it was sick. I drove it around the block when she did tell me and was lucky to make it back home. Could be any of the issues listed. Stop driving it and get it to the shop.

lol your like the REALLY older brother i never had :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My truck was doing that, I just replaced the ujoints in my front drive shaft, the one closet to the case was dry and dead (factory joint, no grease zerts)
    Crawl under the truck, grab the drive shaft and see if there is "any" movement, watch the joints carefully, you need to "feel" the movement.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I got under there and couldn't get any movement earlier today. I'll see what it does going from drive to reverse

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You might try to disconnect the driveshaft from the differential and move the joints by hand that way, easier to tell if they are seized.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    It was the u joint.. One was shot the other wasn't as bad so I replaced them both. Good to go! Thx for help

Top Bottom