• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    If you're primarily interested in on-road performance: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-terra-grappler-at

I put these on my Ram last year and the improvement in wet weather traction was dramatic over the OEM tires. I used to frequently spin my rear tires a bit getting out of my neighborhood and on to the main road when raining. It's a small incline at the stop sign and when in 2wd and not much weight over the back tires it was easy to spin them. These don't spin unless I'm stupid with the gas. I've used BFGs in the past and like them as well, but these Nittos are quiet, ride well, and (as mentioned) do very well in the wet and cold.

This is exactly what I’m looking for. Ive used these on my old truck and compared to the duratracs on my new truck I liked the rain performance on the nittos better. Same situation. I leave for work pretty early and if it’s barely raining or even after a heavy dew when I leave the neighborhood and turn onto the highway I always slide with my current tires. Just started getting used to barely using any throttle to leave but I would like that wet grip like I had in my old truck. Leaning towards going back to the nittos and trying the G2s. Just wanted to gauge what others had to say.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    100% Falken Wildpeaks- I have had 2 sets back to back and have nothing but good things to say. I had a nightmare with BFG ATs and know a bunch of other that have too (in regards to balancing). I also have had some buddies regret their Nittos as well. All brands will have some bad tires now and again but from the forums I’m on, Falken has a great track record right now. And probably the most cost effective ad well.

I too have run Falken Wildpeaks and am very pleased. Second set on the Tundra now. Both have been smooth runners but aggressive enough to handle some off road stuff. I see no reason to change.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I help maintain a small fleet of around 350-400 vehicles. As far as truck tires go it’s hard to beat the mastercraft courser series. Mtx (very aggressive)to atx and now atx2 middle of the road.
    Our fleet is at max weight and abused as most fleets are. Reliability has been great as well as longevity. Usually get near the advertised mileage as long as routine alignment and especially rotations are performed. 5-6k miles max per rotation. I have been pleasantly surprised by this brand.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm running KO2's, E rated, 265 70 R17's for almost 40k miles now. I do a 5 tire rotation and balance about every 5k...

No issues so far. And while I don't expect them to run like a sedan with a street tire, I do expect them to balance well, etc. I have had a time or 2 where my free balance and rotate at discount tire was not up to par and I made them do it again. I don't blame the tire for this though because cause they obviously can get them balanced when the right guy is doing the job.

Been good so far on my FJ.

When I bought mine I used a 4 wheel parts ad price which was the best I had seen on them and took it to discount tire. They matched it with no issues.

My brother has the same tire but not E rated on his 4 runner.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've had good luck with DuraTracs, Nitto Ridge Grapplers and BFG KO2s. I'd buy any of them again without reservation if they fit my purposes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    in 2016 i was looking for 315-70-17 snow tires at that time no was making snow tires of that size i bought goodyear duratrac because they had the highest snow rating for all the all terrains and still some what aggressive and drives straight down the road... i did pull into a corn field with about a inch or two if water standing on it drove about 100 feet then went up a wet grassy steep embankment that is the only time i was worried but i made it without locking in the positrac.... but they are not as good as a dedicated snow tire.... i am think about buying them for my ford f150 and don't need tires yet... i just like them and the look!!!!
    hope that helps you

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Big O here. I like them because they include in price 3 year, non pro rated replacement and road hazard on their own brand. Can't tell you how many times they have given me free tires. It don't matter what it is, they replace them. I have 380,000 miles on my truck and it has never had any tires but Big O. I get the Bigfoot XT, but they have an AT as well. One time I had a chunk of metal go thru one...they replaced it and a week later I backed over a fence post at the landfill and they replaced another one and gave me no problems.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    My truck is my daily driver and I drive it like a sports car everyday. KO2s all the way. You wont be disappointed. love those tires. Great in snow rain and at 125mph.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You will find no AT tire better in the snow than these...

71tq0HZXc2L._AC_SL1160_.jpg

I have them on a 1998 K2500 4X4 that I use as a farm truck/wood hauler. They are quiet, ride nice, good in the rain, great in the snow, but just OK in mud. In their defense, I don't think even a set of Super Swamper Boggers would've got me out of the one time I was stuck with them...

aK77iGb.jpg

Bought them on eBay from this place...

4 Nokian Rotiiva AT 265/70R17 115T SL All Terrain+All Season Tires For Truck/SUV

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I have been using the Toyo open country AT2's for about the last 8 sets of tires on my 3/4 ton diesel trucks . They are hands down the best tire I have ever ran ! Great snow , rain and very good off road . I have never had flat and they have always balanced out great . Very smooth and extremely quiet .

I used to run Firestones and made the switch because my local tire guy couldn't get them in the timeframe I needed . He talked me into the Toyo's and I have never looked back . I usually get about 40,000 miles out of them . My truck has trailer hooked to it about 60-70% of time and rarely sees much highways miles . Which I think is great life all things considered .

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I have owned 5 sets of 285 sized Nitto Terra Grapplers. All have been purchased new and put on 1/2 ton Chevy or Ford 4x4 trucks for mostly highway and some off-road driving. I average 70,000 miles on a set and believe them to be a very good tire. I have never had an issue with one, with proper maintenance.

Dirty Steve

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I have Mickey Tompson MTZ on my Silverado they've been great it's about time to replace them now after 42,000. I have also ran Mickey Thompson ATZ they were great also lasted around 45,000. My ZR2 came with Goodyear Duratracs they've been great also. I had firestone destination AT on my old Silverado they were great but cant say how they hold up because I sold the truck. Now I've had Nitto exo grapplers and they were horrible, also didnt care for cooper discoverer stt pro they didnt like the weight of a dually I guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You will find no AT tire better in the snow than these...

71tq0HZXc2L._AC_SL1160_.jpg

I have them on a 1998 K2500 4X4 that I use as a farm truck/wood hauler. They are quiet, ride nice, good in the rain, great in the snow, but just OK in mud. In their defense, I don't think even a set of Super Swamper Boggers would've got me out of the one time I was stuck with them...

aK77iGb.jpg

Bought them on eBay from this place...

4 Nokian Rotiiva AT 265/70R17 115T SL All Terrain+All Season Tires For Truck/SUV

Finally, some affordable tires. :rockwoot:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I work for a tire retailer and have access to literally anything, that being said, I've had continental terrain contact at's on my colorado for 55k now and they're still going strong, I'm excellent about rotations and maintaining my alignment too so that helps.
    https://www.continentaltire.com/product/terraincontact-22560r17-99h

I could get discounts on Continental Tires via my FIL but even at a substantial discount one set each on my Colorado and my wife's SUV was enough to keep me from using the brand ever again. None of the set I had on my Colorado made it past 25k and two had sidewall problems, including a blowout. My wife had one fail at less than 20k.

Top Bottom