• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    The new version is horrible. Why do they talk with the mush mouth voice. It was hard not to walk out of a $10 movie. My wife had only seen the original version once and she even said she was ready to leave. Glenn Cambell was terrible I agree. However, Jeff Bridges is no "Duke". I had a very hard time trying to understand the conversations. No academys awards should go to this film what-so-ever.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I just saw this last night and WOW, great movie! (I actually used the search function to avoid starting a new thread and it worked) I could never sit through the original because I can't stand John Wayne so I can't compare them.

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    ha, wow smiledochill, I just watch the new true grit also last night! I'm a John Wayne fan, I collect the movies, and I like his personality. the new true grit was a combo of John Wayne's "Rooster Cogburn and the Lady" and "True Grit". thats probably the first reason why I didnt like it. trying to take two awesome classic movies and making them into one. also it was SLOW!!! yeah, but granted the girl who played Mattie Ross was a very good actress!! just my :twocents:
    TW

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, we tried to see this opening weekend and while we were there we had to leave almost 30 minutes until the end of the show. Our daughter got hurt at parents night out at gymnastics so we had to go pick her up. Then I tried to watch the old version at home when it was on and I missed the last 15 minutes or so of it too. I'm not meant to watch it from beginning to end. :)

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I would like to see the age breakdown of the voters in this thread to see if there is a pattern of age in how you voted. I would guess that there would be just like there is when people are asked to vote on the greatest baseball or football or basketball players. I am old enough to remember how Wilt Chamberlain used to dominate games in his prime. If you ask someone under 35 today, they might not even list him on a list of the top 50 all timers. Just about the only movie that I did not like John Wayne in was in the Conquerors when he played Kubla Khan or Ghengis Kahn or someone like that. He was kinda out of place. His movies many not have been works of art or nominated for Oscars, but they were always entertaining.

Top Bottom