• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I'm considering getting the TRUGLO 42mm objective lens with a 2.5 MOA reticle for my M&P 15. I'd have to remove the carry handle/rear sight in order to attach the red dot on the top rail.

Anyone have any opinions? At $80, is it worth it?
    My main reason for wanting to switch is that the standard M&P sight is very difficult for me to pickup with my aging eyes and my glasses don't seem to cut it when squinting thru the peephole. I'm hoping the red dot will be more visible and easier to lock on target. Am I heading in the right direction or way off base in my assumptions?:dunno:

P.S. $500 to $600 for the top of the line reflex sights are out of my budget range.:spend:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'm considering getting the TRUGLO 42mm objective lens with a 2.5 MOA reticle for my M&P 15. I'd have to remove the carry handle/rear sight in order to attach the red dot on the top rail.

Anyone have any opinions? At $80, is it worth it?
    My main reason for wanting to switch is that the standard M&P sight is very difficult for me to pickup with my aging eyes and my glasses don't seem to cut it when squinting thru the peephole. I'm hoping the red dot will be more visible and easier to lock on target. Am I heading in the right direction or way off base in my assumptions?:dunno:

P.S. $500 to $600 for the top of the line reflex sights are out of my budget range.:spend:

You could buy an Aimpoint clone. :dunno: Or the S.P.O.T. brand sight like an Aimpoint.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you can't go for an Aimpoint, check out a clone like mettle suggested. Then all you need is a BUIS (if you want to co-witness some irons).

You'll be AMAZED at how much better a RDS is compared to irons.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not sure which truglo your talking about but I bought one of the tru glo's that had 2x mag and it made me motion sick looking through it. the distortion on the magnification was terrible but the dot was strong, I sighted it in on a 20 ga shotgun but after using it a bit the distortion was too great and I sold it on fleeebaby

I had a standard red dot from tru glo that worked fine for several years but I only had it on a ruger MK2 22lr pistol

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the input. Christmas is coming and I've got to get my research done in time for the rush. Researching your own gift is always fun.:D

Top Bottom