• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    For the record, I think I have established by bona fides as a Trump supporter (or apologist depending on who you talk to)
    The problem is, the two party system periodically seems to contrive these existential choices where disaster looms if we don't vote for one or the other. To wonder if we're being played is perfectly legit. I just don't think it's true in this case (for us, I think the left is really working the Trump as existential threat angle)
    The left keeps painting him as some far right fascist. He is a center right populist at most.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I like some of his ideas (Border security, term limits to name a couple) but he is a loud mouth who goes off the rails at times (don't have to be all polite but would be nice if he would tone it down on twitter at times). I knew that going in, but I didn't vote for Hillary for sure. I'm not saying I'm voting for Trump in 2020 because I have no idea who the Democrats will put forward that year. Put the Bern or Hillary and I won't be voting for them. I don't go by party when I vote and hate voting in the primaries.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The faction backing the president is what? Not talking about the voters. Not talking about left versus right.

Talking about some people in high places that apparently do not want the republithug-dummycrat version of globalism.
    Anybody thought about it? What is it that they really want to accomplish while we're enjoying the red headed stranger?

KMT.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It is always interesting to me when someone says they went outside the 2 party system (for the record I hate it) in protest.
    My thought being who are you protesting and did they see it/feel it/even care. I am in no way knocking your decision as it is yours to make and I respect/defend that right. I am just curious as to the mind set.
    If Indiana was even remotely close, Trump was getting crushed in all the must win states. IIRC we were something like 44th in vote-matteringness among the 50 states. The analysis is very different in Ohio, Va., Fl., etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I sounded much like you until this most recent election.

I really thought he was a phony. A democrat plant. Hillarys way to sink better candidates like Rand and Cruz.

Maybe I shouldn't use the word "protest". It was more refusing to vote for someone who did not represent the party.

I find the both partys are out touch and in it for the power/monetary gain for the most part.
    Truly believing in the 2 documents that this whole thing is based on has left me feeling alone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That makes me cringe.....

...that she'll still be around in 2020

I still see her as the most likely candidate. A poster child for the dc machine. She's corrupt so big money, both foreign and domestic, knows that she'll deal. She's close enough to the loony left on a lot of social issues that their leaders can conveniently look the other way when she sells them out. Everybody in big media suffering from TDS will see this as a chance for revenge. They'll push any story past the limit no matter how crazy and Pres. Trump will fire right back. Legions of the liberal "it's her turn" whiners from the last election will be ready to "give their all" as James Carville used to say. It will be entertaining, in much the same way that the WWE is.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well this November if people go outside of the 2 party system they are effectively handing our government over to the Democrats. That's what this November and 2020 comes down to. Either vote Republican or you are saying you want to see chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and their commy party literally burn down America and steal from the working men and women.
    It is essential that we get out to vote this November. This vote is so important. Go get a ballot and vote a straight Republican ticket!! Think of it as voting for president trump again or if you didnt vote for him before NOW is your chance besides in 2020! This November is a up or down vote for 1 and 1 thing only and thats Donald Trump & America.
    If you loved the way you grew up and how America was but you hate what its turned into then NOVEMBER is your chance to fix America for our children and our grandchildren and to allow them to grow up in a free America like we had.
    If you think the Republican Congress has been bad just wait till you see what will happen if the Democrats get control. NOTHING AND I MEAN LITTERALY NOTHING except the attempted and possible impeachment of President Trump will happen. That's a fact.

We must get the Republicans a super majority in the house and Senate or as close as possible and then also keep in touch with them to hold them to staying in line with President Trumps agenda so that we can make America even greater before 2020 and then win and go beyond!!

We must control those upcoming supreme court seats that will be open. Ginsburg said she plans to sleep on the bench another 5 years!! Shes hoping trump loses in 2020. We must win

EVERY ELECTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER TO VOTE WITHIN THE 2-PARTY SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

:drama:

<yawn>

This is not winning.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm not happy about it but I'll probably be stuck voting for Trump again as it is nearly assured that the 2020 election will be a referendum for or against gun control, making the US more like Venezuela, making the US a sanctuary country, legalizing pedophilia, flipping what they see as the oppressor/oppressed, and all the other ridiculous social justice/progressive nonsense.

This seems to be the sentiment of a lot of people. At least I keep hearing this type of thing in one form or another.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This seems to be the sentiment of a lot of people. At least I keep hearing this type of thing in one form or another.

I agree with this and Jami's sentiment. I know it's semantics but I didn't vote for Trump, I voted against Hillary so unless the "R"'s put forth a really respectable candidate (highly unlikely at this late date) I'll vote against whomever the "D"'s put out there again in '20. As some others have said, I agree with some of his message just as with any other candidate. I just figured that Trump would do less damage due to gridlock than Hillary would have done due to subservient compliance. Frankly her bunch scares the hell out of me because it ain't blather coming out of their mouths.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    there is no common ground or compromising with this Democrat party.

but if the D's take the House it will be back to politics as usual. if R's keep the House and gain in the Senate, grab the popcorn.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

but if the D's take the House it will be back to politics as usual. if R's keep the House and gain in the Senate, grab the popcorn.
    If the dems take the house get ready for the impeachment clown show with the Democrats being the biggest clowns on earth.

If the Democrats get control of Congress get ready for the end of America as we know it. That will be the straw that breaks the camel's back I think.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Only Democrat I've ever voted for ended up being a turd. Fortunately it was only a local election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is always interesting to me when someone says they went outside the 2 party system (for the record I hate it) in protest.
    My thought being who are you protesting and did they see it/feel it/even care. I am in no way knocking your decision as it is yours to make and I respect/defend that right. I am just curious as to the mind set.

I was seriously planning to vote for Al Bundy. I did not believe Trump had completely flipped from positions he claimed in prior years. I thought that if he did manage to win he would lead as an authoritarian. But as it got closer to the election I started rationalizing that it didn't matter, Hillary was also an authoritarian and worse, and because of the two-party system, exactly one of those two could possibly be president. Certainly Al Bundy can't be president. So I decided to take the gamble that Trump actually would nominate one of the judges on his list for scotus, and figured if that happened, the rest would be frosting. Anyway, that's my explanation of the mindset for why I would consider voting for Al Bundy, and how I changed my mind about it.

Well this November if people go outside of the 2 party system they are effectively handing our government over to the Democrats. That's what this November and 2020 comes down to. Either vote Republican or you are saying you want to see chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and their commy party literally burn down America and steal from the working men and women.
    It is essential that we get out to vote this November. This vote is so important. Go get a ballot and vote a straight Republican ticket!! Think of it as voting for president trump again or if you didnt vote for him before NOW is your chance besides in 2020! This November is a up or down vote for 1 and 1 thing only and thats Donald Trump & America.
    If you loved the way you grew up and how America was but you hate what its turned into then NOVEMBER is your chance to fix America for our children and our grandchildren and to allow them to grow up in a free America like we had.
    If you think the Republican Congress has been bad just wait till you see what will happen if the Democrats get control. NOTHING AND I MEAN LITTERALY NOTHING except the attempted and possible impeachment of President Trump will happen. That's a fact.

We must get the Republicans a super majority in the house and Senate or as close as possible and then also keep in touch with them to hold them to staying in line with President Trumps agenda so that we can make America even greater before 2020 and then win and go beyond!!

We must control those upcoming supreme court seats that will be open. Ginsburg said she plans to sleep on the bench another 5 years!! Shes hoping trump loses in 2020. We must win

I can see voting "protest" if the person truly has no hope that there is anything more redeemable about one candidate than the other. I'd like to see the two-party system abolished. It's just a vote for which ********** sucks less **** than the other.

For the record, I think I have established by bona fides as a Trump supporter (or apologist depending on who you talk to)
    The problem is, the two party system periodically seems to contrive these existential choices where disaster looms if we don't vote for one or the other. To wonder if we're being played is perfectly legit. I just don't think it's true in this case (for us, I think the left is really working the Trump as existential threat angle)

Oh yeah. You're a bona fide Trumper. :):

Yeah I sounded much like you until this most recent election.

I really thought he was a phony. A democrat plant. Hillarys way to sink better candidates like Rand and Cruz.

Maybe I shouldn't use the word "protest". It was more refusing to vote for someone who did not represent the party.

Yeah. I thought many of the same things. But Trump actually has led a lot more "republican" than I thought he would. It doesn't matter if I believe he's pandering or not. The end result is that many things I wanted done are getting done, like the tax cuts (I wish Trump cared as much about spending cuts), slashing regulations, but especially nominations for the courts have been good. There is plenty to complain about, but given the sharp left turn Democrats have taken, it is doubtful they are "morally" capable of running someone sane. They think people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is their future. If they get their asses handed to them in the midterms, maybe they'll stop and rethink. But I'm not sure many of them are capable of true self-reflection.

I like some of his ideas (Border security, term limits to name a couple) but he is a loud mouth who goes off the rails at times (don't have to be all polite but would be nice if he would tone it down on twitter at times). I knew that going in, but I didn't vote for Hillary for sure. I'm not saying I'm voting for Trump in 2020 because I have no idea who the Democrats will put forward that year. Put the Bern or Hillary and I won't be voting for them. I don't go by party when I vote and hate voting in the primaries.

IF they follow their recent trajectory, especially if they don't lose their asses in November, they'll be putting up someone truly bat-**** crazy.

Top Bottom