• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Soccer moms like Democrats. Especially because Democrats support their boys wearing dresses so they can play on the girls team and be sports stars.
    It couldn't possibly be that Trump has a ceiling. I know some of these people, and they are certainly not the MSNBC lunatics you guys seem to think live in these parts.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    110k morons. I could be convinced they’re mostly Hoosier chamber-o-commerce GOP dick-cheney-in-heels voters. But, desperate Democrat voters are morons too. And highly motivated activists would certainly grasp at any tactic to keep their corrupt leaders ushering in ClownWorld™.
    I have posted a lot of information on the topic of how RINO’s get elected and demographic shifts in this forum. There is a three part answer to the conclusion of this question.

1) In a solid red state more centrist dems vote republican because that is where the choices are.

2) In a solid red state more centrist dems run as republicans because that is where the action is.

3) In a solid red state republicans/conservatives are apathetic, showing up at a 13% rate for this gubernatorial and presidential primary election year.

I find it rather disingenuous to hear big talk about the fourth box when the apathetic have done little to nothing to protect the second box like recruit, support, fund, and get out votes for good candidates. A guy disengaged discussion yesterday because being told that reading candidate bios and records before voting was not the entire civic duty and for conservatives to win they must do the four things I listed.

The bottom line on this is as much as INGO points out how bad it is, it apparently is not bad enough to do what is necessary to change things at the second box.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Soccer moms like Democrats. Especially because Democrats support their boys wearing dresses so they can play on the girls team and be sports stars.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Why aren't GOP at least trying to or act like they want to do that now instead of going along with everything the Democrat's want?
    My personal answer to your question, I believe a significant portion of our elected officials are compromised by the deep state/CIA/FBI/DOJ.

It is not the same compromistation for each individual for one it could be kiddie diddling on Epstein island for one, but for another, it could be they will arrest her son or expose her daughter if she doesn’t play ball. I don’t think they control every vote, and suspect they even play it out like the surveillance bill recently. (I also suspect the speaker did the tie break vote to draw the arrows to protect others back home.)

We know TPTB have these powers and the tools to do so, isn’t it the supreme normalcy bias to think they wouldn’t use them in us?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It couldn't possibly be that Trump has a ceiling. I know some of these people, and they are certainly not the MSNBC lunatics you guys seem to think live in these parts.
    That kinda' sounds like 'I can't be racist because I have black friends' argument

And that's before we even deal with lack of randomness and small size of the sample you wish to extrapolate from

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I think the suburb vote issue will need a deeper look to come up with an answer, the article focuses almost entirely on race with a small amount of education.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the suburb vote issue will need a deeper look to come up with an answer, the article focuses almost entirely on race with a small amount of education.
    The article is now four years old and we have had more time to assess the situation but the article is spot on as I see it.

Rather, it was education — and particularly how much more educated a place has gotten over the past 10 years3 — that was more closely related to increased support for Biden (especially once accounting for how educated a county was in 2010). Growing racial diversity in an area was still important, since the suburban counties that saw the biggest swing toward Trump were the ones that remained less racially diverse and less educated. But the political swing among diversifying counties was much less uniform than it was in counties that became more educated.”

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The article is now four years old and we have had more time to assess the situation but the article is spot on as I see it.

Rather, it was education — and particularly how much more educated a place has gotten over the past 10 years3 — that was more closely related to increased support for Biden (especially once accounting for how educated a county was in 2010). Growing racial diversity in an area was still important, since the suburban counties that saw the biggest swing toward Trump were the ones that remained less racially diverse and less educated. But the political swing among diversifying counties was much less uniform than it was in counties that became more educated.”

I'm going to make a guess here and ask what it has to do with what people do for a living. Government is a pretty big provider on many levels and varieties, if your income is coming from government you might be hostile to candidates that want to trim it, regardless of your education or race.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    That kinda' sounds like 'I can't be racist because I have black friends' argument

And that's before we even deal with lack of randomness and small size of the sample you wish to extrapolate from
    Far more accurate than anything else ive seen to understand why more affluent and educated voters are less likely to hit the button on Trump.

Also- learning is occurring. Now that the orange man has blessed early voting, we can all agree, right?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm going to make a guess here and ask what it has to do with what people do for a living. Government is a pretty big provider on many levels and varieties, if your income is coming from government you might be hostile to candidates that want to trim it, regardless of your education or race.
    One dynamic I have been observing for years is those well to do suburbanites were the tipping point to pass obummercare. They wanted their kids to stay on their gold plated insurance until they were 26 at least. Now they want the student loans paid off. And, frankly, they are doing very well, their stock based wealth/retirement and rapidly rising home values are giving them numbers unfathomable just a few years ago. They are not suffering as many are.

As for the changing voting pattern of the burbs, obummer threatened the suburb community with discrimination actions if they did not allow high density housing that has been way overbuilt. Those renters are not conservative property owners, so we are seeing the results of this in election outcomes. I believe HK‘s Carmel voted for Bidet…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Trump has never lost a vote. He has only gained votes. For every one vote lost after 2016 he gained 1+ in 2020. It's simple maff. Claiming he "lost women", "lost suburbs", "lost... I'm outta my mind looking for reasons to declare Orange Man bad", in no way holds up to simple maff-a-matics. His votes went up.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    One dynamic I have been observing for years is those well to do suburbanites were the tipping point to pass obummercare. They wanted their kids to stay on their gold plated insurance until they were 26 at least. Now they want the student loans paid off. And, frankly, they are doing very well, their stock based wealth/retirement and rapidly rising home values are giving them numbers unfathomable just a few years ago. They are not suffering as many are.

As for the changing voting pattern of the burbs, obummer threatened the suburb community with discrimination actions if they did not allow high density housing that has been way overbuilt. Those renters are not conservative property owners, so we are seeing the results of this in election outcomes. I believe HK‘s Carmel voted for Bidet…
    It was close, but it was Biden at 51%. Our mayor (R) won with 57% in a hot race. Spartz and Holcomb got close to or at 60%.
    It's like the many races Trump underperforms other Republicans. Many actual republicans don't want to do it. It's why he frequently underperforms Senate and Governor races, too.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was close, but it was Biden at 51%. Our mayor (R) won with 57% in a hot race. Spartz and Holcomb got close to or at 60%.
    It's like the many races Trump underperforms other Republicans. Many actual republicans don't want to do it. It's why he frequently underperforms Senate and Governor races, too.
    Do you think a party takeover would go smooth as silk? All the players would just willingly leave the trough? This is a fight between Trump and the establishment republicans, that you seem to cheer for generally and Trump is winning but the makeover will take years to complete.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Do you think a party takeover would go smooth as silk? All the players would just willingly leave the trough? This is a fight between Trump and the establishment republicans, that you seem to cheer for generally and Trump is winning but the makeover will take years to complete.
    Who holds that cult-like power over the party after Trump? Will you guys explain that Trump Jr is the only option in 4 years? It's a man, not a movement.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who holds that cult-like power over the party after Trump? Are you guys going to explaining that Trump Jr is the only option in 4 years? It's a man, not a movement.
    Have you never studied a movement? Newsflash! They are not lead by committees, they are lead by men. The leaders of movements usually are well supported. Who in a movement gets more arrows than the movement leader. I will cop to defending the leader from arrows, you seem to interpret that as cult-like, it is not.

Your comments are generally in support of the establishment not the takeover…

Top Bottom