• ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    None.

But if Hillary were in office and the republicans held the house and senate, do we really think there'd be any equivocating with age limits, bump stocks, etc. that various republicans are getting wishy-washy on now? Sandy Hook was probably as bad as Parkland but with Obama in office, the republicans at least had an ideological reason to not go wobbly. With Trump's unfortunate undisciplined populism, the weak-kneed repubs have cover to give this round of gun control legs.

that's a good point, a congress deadlocked with a president and not 'accomplishing' anything on guns is a win. If congress acts on guns is only to restrict them.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Ever since President Trump fired Steve Bannon, the President has been on a different course. Bannon kept Trump on track and in tune with his core base. Once Bannon left the White House, Trump has shown his true colors concerning the 2nd Amendment. We are all now realizing that the concept of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" applies to this President.

The only saving grace is that if his challenger had won the White House, the attack on the 2nd Amendment would be 10 times worse.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I cannot disagree with any of the concern expressed. As someone that does not buy into the cult of personality but rather the bedrock of belief I'll offer this. The only donation I've ever made to a political campaign was Trump/Pence 2016. Since I'm on the list, I get regular surveys. They are sent monthly and are thorough to my satisfaction with plenty of space to write opinions. I just sent one back that came this morning. Mock me, call me naive, color me green; but for a populist, hearing the opinions of the citizens that helped him get where he is can help keep his feet to the fire.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ever since President Trump fired Steve Bannon, the President has been on a different course. Bannon kept Trump on track and in tune with his core base. Once Bannon left the White House, Trump has shown his true colors concerning the 2nd Amendment. We are all now realizing that the concept of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" applies to this President.

The only saving grace is that if his challenger had won the White House, the attack on the 2nd Amendment would be 10 times worse.

I don't view that as a saving grace, because if his challenger had won, and attacked the 2nd Amendment as Trump has, the defense would be 100X what it is now.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I’ve been happy with Trump as our president until his recent anti 2A comments. That was an issue I was worried about before the election and now I certainly hope that it doesn’t get any worse. I’ve also noticed a lot of his staff has moved on and there is concern there as well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hopefully Trump learned his lesson on this foray into gun bill negotiations. The news so far is that nothing has been done on any of it. The subject has been (intentionally?) changed by other presidential happenings.

The nevertrumper/told-you-so crowd needs get their "primary Trump" candidate announced soon so the mileage can be gained on Trumps 2A wavering.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's "Mr.Trump goes to Washington" starring James Stewart. You'll laugh!!! You'll cry!!! You'll demand your money back!!! To me claiming that "Well, he's better than Hillary" is like saying THIS turd tastes better than THAT turd. They both stink. The American people are being played. Again. :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's "Mr.Trump goes to Washington" starring James Stewart. You'll laugh!!! You'll cry!!! You'll demand your money back!!! To me claiming that "Well, he's better than Hillary" is like saying THIS turd tastes better than THAT turd. They both stink. The American people are being played. Again. :rolleyes:

So there was a better candidate? Who was that?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I never said there was a better candidate. I am 65 years old and I have never in my life seen a candidate worth voting for. I served under LBJ and Richard Nixon. I have lived through Ford, Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama. They were ALL worthless clowns. If you only have a two party system then you must choose between Clown A or Clown B. That ain't much of a choice and it sure isn't going to allow you to change anything and improve the system. The system is rigged kids, and it's been rigged for 150 years. Voting for a new clown every four years is an insult. Nothing ever changes. Both parties need to be abolished and replaced with real honest people. Watching what has happened to my country in my lifetime makes me sick to my stomach sometimes. We need to change the system just like we did in 1776.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A - B or C. I'm guessing C.
    I'm pretty sure that Mickey won for the write-ins last election so my bets on him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I never said there was a better candidate. I am 65 years old and I have never in my life seen a candidate worth voting for. I served under LBJ and Richard Nixon. I have lived through Ford, Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama. They were ALL worthless clowns. If you only have a two party system then you must choose between Clown A or Clown B. That ain't much of a choice and it sure isn't going to allow you to change anything and improve the system. The system is rigged kids, and it's been rigged for 150 years. Voting for a new clown every four years is an insult. Nothing ever changes. Both parties need to be abolished and replaced with real honest people. Watching what has happened to my country in my lifetime makes me sick to my stomach sometimes. We need to change the system just like we did in 1776.

And this is how we lose the supreme court.

While they may be clowns, they do nominate people for positions. Do you want activist liberals or do you want moderate-conservatives? That's most certainly not an inconsequential choice.

Also you may want to read this: WH unveils proposals to 'harden' schools in wake of Fla. shooting | TheHill

[FONT=&amp]White House officials said the administration will establish a federal commission to assess how to best address gun violence in schools, though it will not propose any legislation of its own. The administration will also not push for universal background checks or an increase in the age requirement to purchase a rifle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

It sounds like he was playing people while the topic was hot, and now is letting it slide away to implement his original plan.[/FONT]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I still believe Trump saved the republic. He's just getting some very bad advice right now on guns I believe. We need to help him and write and call. Seriously I truly believe this.
    If you haven't written him and your other elected officials but you've *****ed on the internet then you are part of the problem

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump is not a gun guy. He is at the mercy of his sources and successful business career.

Pence gave Trump Indiana's (arguably successful?) Jake Laird Law information. It could be interpreted as dangerous mental heath issues can get firearms confiscated and due process comes later.

Trump used the bump stock issue as a throw away to bring sides together. Again, he doesn't understand the whole issue the way we die hards do. In his defense, no one can effectively explain justification for the bump stock to anyone other than those of us who understand the principal of "not an inch."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I still believe Trump saved the republic. He's just getting some very bad advice right now on guns I believe. We need to help him and write and call. Seriously I truly believe this.
    If you haven't written him and your other elected officials but you've *****ed on the internet then you are part of the problem

Very bad advice? What makes you think this isn’t the real Trump? “I like to take the funs first.” Who do you think advised him to say that? If anything, people are advising him not to say stupid ****, but he does it anyway!

Top Bottom