• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have been at a deployed location on the receiving end of a "CODEL". As far as I could tell the only one who would have been disappointed if the CODEL had been cancelled would have been our protocol officer. And yes we really had protocol officer.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Yeah, it's not like the Secret Service would let the first lady fly commercial. Queen Pisslosy on the other hand can fly commercial. I see my congresscritter on commercial flights quite often.

Well like I said....she could always just use her broom.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Trump is the Man!! Love how he can give it right back to them. Having Schiff planning to go is a bonus.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have been at a deployed location on the receiving end of a "CODEL". As far as I could tell the only one who would have been disappointed if the CODEL had been cancelled would have been our protocol officer. And yes we really had protocol officer.

Yep. I worked as a driver for the protocol office in Korea for 2 exercises, as I was already licensed (being an MP) and I knew most of the area. And even a few of them would have been happier if those flights and whatnot were canceled. The higher ranking, the more stress. They laughed cause I showed up super early to drive route recon to make sure I knew the routes and in case anything was shut down to find alternate paths. This was in the 90s so we didn't really have much GPS, especially in NTVs.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I think this whole mess is stupid. Neither one of them like each other, therefore neither is going to let the other win. Who gets screwed? The ones not getting a paycheck. I also think this is a good time to look at the "non essential" positions and I don't know, maybe ELIMINATE them.

I can't for the life of me figure out why she was planning on going on this trip after she said we shouldn't have a State of the Union address. I know she is smarter than that. Is it just that she thinks she is that much better than everyone else?

Politically he should have let her go. Just think of the "I'm here to negotiate and she is off in another country" he could have done.

Everyone has a breaking point and I am just wondering when this is going to come crashing down. From the political folks or the ones not getting a check. and just how ugly it will be. -Jason

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think this whole mess is stupid. Neither one of them like each other, therefore neither is going to let the other win. Who gets screwed? The ones not getting a paycheck. I also think this is a good time to look at the "non essential" positions and I don't know, maybe ELIMINATE them.

I can't for the life of me figure out why she was planning on going on this trip after she said we shouldn't have a State of the Union address. I know she is smarter than that. Is it just that she thinks she is that much better than everyone else?

Politically he should have let her go. Just think of the "I'm here to negotiate and she is off in another country" he could have done.

Everyone has a breaking point and I am just wondering when this is going to come crashing down. From the political folks or the ones not getting a check. and just how ugly it will be. -Jason

Well, the Pres. said he's there, lets make a deal.
    The other side walked out.

How do you make a deal.

They could make counter offers.
    They could offer less.

All kinds of things.

They did nothing.
    Now Pres. Trump may not mean what he says on "let's make a deal."
    But the other side isn't calling him out.
    They can't, cause they aren't there working it out.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well, the Pres. said he's there, lets make a deal.
    The other side walked out.

How do you make a deal.

They could make counter offers.
    They could offer less.

All kinds of things.

They did nothing.
    Now Pres. Trump may not mean what he says on "let's make a deal."
    But the other side isn't calling him out.
    They can't, cause they aren't there working it out.

Missing one check is certainly a burden, but one that can be dealt with. Now if a second check along with their back pay is missed, the wailing and outrage will be intense. I can't see this thing dragging out much longer if that kind of pressure is applied.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Missing one check is certainly a burden, but one that can be dealt with. Now if a second check along with their back pay is missed, the wailing and outrage will be intense. I can't see this thing dragging out much longer if that kind of pressure is applied.

Dems pulled the same stunt here a few years ago. Talk about temper tantrums.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

With so many nonessential employees, maybe permanent reductions should be made. This would free these folks up to work in the private sector where they can get paid for what skills and value they contribute to the market.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Do you really see the Dems caving into Trump? Or Trump caving into the Dems? One is going to have to, and I just can't see either on doing so. I agree with the not getting that second check and backpay. I just can't figure out how Nancy and Chuck can give Trump what he wants a put a spin on it to make them the good guys with their followers.

I don't want Trump to declare a State of Emergency. It just would be good practice. What happens when a Dem Pres gets in office and decides to declare a State of Emergency on gun violence in the country and starts banning stuff? I just don't think it is a good idea. -Jason

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    It is obvious that the Democrats believe that they can prevent Trump from being reelected by stopping the wall from being built. On the other hand, if Trump gets it done he will be on his way to another 4 years. Therefore, the Dems wouldn't budge on any deal. Hopefully, the Dems will get phone calls and emails and those being hurt by the shutdown and those that see the benefit of the wall. Call or email your Dems that say they represent your interest (that is a joke).

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Do you really see the Dems caving into Trump? Or Trump caving into the Dems? One is going to have to, and I just can't see either on doing so. I agree with the not getting that second check and backpay. I just can't figure out how Nancy and Chuck can give Trump what he wants a put a spin on it to make them the good guys with their followers.

I don't want Trump to declare a State of Emergency. It just would be good practice. What happens when a Dem Pres gets in office and decides to declare a State of Emergency on gun violence in the country and starts banning stuff? I just don't think it is a good idea. -Jason

With the constitution mandating the government is to protect our borders, declaring a State of Emergency would be per the constitution. If the dems tried to use State of Emergency against the second amendment, the would be in violation of the constitution (yes I know they don't care for the rule of law) and as such could and should be brought up on treason charges.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, they COULD say they were giving in to a petulant child, because the "little guy" was suffering too much.
    They COULD make a counter offer so ridiculous that the Pres. would reject it, and then claim "they tried".

But, with the media in their pockets, they'll do neither. And still act like they have the "moral high ground".

Top Bottom