• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "No it doesn't, the guy with the unpronounceable name at The Root says it means you think American hasn't been great since it passed the Civil Rights Act and you want to repeal it..."

Nah, it means "Im not cleaver enough to come up with my old slogan, so I'll steal Reagan's."

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    is this the paid maternity leave?

Here it is Sans commentary. Entire article below.

Part one is a rewrite of the tax code, allowing working parents to deduct from their income taxes child care expenses for up to four children, as well as for elderly dependents. This will be capped at the average cost of child care in each family’s state, and the wealthiest individuals will not be eligible for the deduction.

To bring meaningful assistance to lower-income Americans who don’t pay income tax, the Trump plan will offer rebates on child-care spending through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

Under my father’s proposal, stay-at-home parents will receive the same tax deduction as their working peers.
    The plan’s second part is the establishment of Dependent Care Savings Accounts, created to aid families in setting aside extra money to foster their children’s development and offset elder care for adult dependents.
    These accounts will operate like Health Savings Accounts, with tax-deductible contributions and tax-free appreciation year to year. When established for a minor, funds from a Dependent Care Savings Account can be applied to traditional child care, after-school enrichment programs and school tuition.

To help lower-income parents, the government will match half of the first $1,000 deposited each year. Balances in a Dependent Care Savings Account will roll over from year to year so that a substantial amount of money can be accrued over time.
    When established for an elderly dependent, a Dependent Care Savings Account can cover services like in-home nursing and long-term care.

The third part of the plan will address the federal regulations that currently discourage informal child-care—such as a mom watching her own kids and a few others in her home. Arrangements such as these are not now given fair consideration by our federal bureaucracy, which is biased in favor of institutional care. We need to create a dynamic marketplace to offer solutions and give parents greater freedom of choice.

[FONT=&amp]The fourth part of my father’s plan will add incentives for employers to provide child care at the workplace. [/FONT]
    Finally, under the Trump plan, the federal government will guarantee, for the first time, six weeks of paid maternity leave. This will be done by amending the existing unemployment insurance that companies are required to carry.

[FONT=&amp]http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump-plan-will-help-working-mothers-1473803187[/FONT]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nah, it means "Im not cleaver enough to come up with my old slogan, so I'll steal Reagan's."

So which Cleaver are you not?

31n0D55J4tL.jpg

unreal-tv-relationships-2.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here it is Sans commentary. Entire article below.

I have to assign this my qualified approval. Much as I believe that the economy would correct itself if government interference were eliminated, that isn't going to happen any time soon, and I would rather see action that will likely be cost-effective while addressing the ostensible goal rather than more Left-style throwing money at the wall and [STRIKE]hoping[/STRIKE] not really caring if anything useful sticks so long as it buys votes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom