• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPC Richardson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Just wondering what you keep in the trunk of your car and/or cab of your truck. pics too if possible.
    I'll start I keep a Keltec sub 2000 nice compact reliable 9mm carbine.
    DSCN0001.jpg

i hope to upgrade to the the keltec PLR 16 when price goes down.
    keltec-plr16.jpg

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just wondering what you keep in the trunk of your car and/or cab of your truck. pics too if possible.

i hope to upgrade to the the Keltec PLR 16 when price goes down.

I hate this post :D

Now that I'm back into 9's something else that I SHOULD Purchase ;)

The 16 looks good but would like to see it n action before making a decision :do2:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    DSCN0001.jpg

i hope to upgrade to the the keltec PLR 16 when price goes down.
    keltec-plr16.jpg

MCSports here in Bloomington has a PLR on sale right now for less than a glock. I fondled it. It was sweet. If there were a stock for upgrading to SBR that would make it a clincher.

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I have both. My Sub2000 takes Sig P226 mags. I guess when you have 3 P226 9mm's that makes sense. I've had the PLR-16 for 2-3 years. I haven't got to shoot it very much, but it has worked everytime I shot it. The Sub2000 stays in my Jeep, but sometimes it is replaced by a Romanian SAR3 in 223rem. BTW...that Beta stock adapter is rather nifty. I'm not into NFA stuff, but that might change my mind. On second thought......It might be more to my benefit to AOW the PLR-16 so I can put a vetical grip on my compact forend. A $5.00 stamp compared to a $200.00 stamp. That might be a no brainer.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Question...

You buy the adaptor, intall it and a shoulder stock...what do you do to make it legal as a SBR? And I would assume then that you would be legal to install a vertical foregrip as well? Sorry, but I am not very knowledgable on the Class III type stuff. Thanks

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I keep a 16" AR in the truck, with a grab-and-go chest rig, and some loose mags.
    I have used a shotgun before, though.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You buy the adaptor, intall it and a shoulder stock...what do you do to make it legal as a SBR? And I would assume then that you would be legal to install a vertical foregrip as well? Sorry, but I am not very knowledgable on the Class III type stuff. Thanks

My understanding is as follows:

1. The PLR is a pistol. You cannot put a forward grip or stock on it and have it remain a pistol. Doing either without the right paperwork is illegal.
    2. If you put a forward grip on it, it becomes an AOW. You can do that yourself and pay $200 + paperwork, or have a Class 7 builder do it and pay a $5 tax stamp + paperwork. You still cannot put a stock on it.
    3. You can apply to have it become an SBR and do the paperwork +$200 (?) and then put a stock on it for it to be an SBR. Adding a foregrip after it is an SBR does not change anything as I undersand.

I want to do an SBR in this year (i.e. before november) and the PLR is a cute way to get there. A dedicated AR SBR would run about the same cost it would seem, but this way would be lighter and quicker and could be used as a pistol until then.

As for truck guns, mine could be many things, but I went for innocuous looking:

tg.jpg

otherwise it would be this:

yugo_s2.jpg

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

1. The PLR is a pistol. You cannot put a forward grip or stock on it and have it remain a pistol. Doing either without the right paperwork is illegal.
    2. If you put a forward grip on it, it becomes an AOW. You can do that yourself and pay $200 + paperwork, or have a Class 7 builder do it and pay a $5 tax stamp + paperwork. You still cannot put a stock on it.
    3. You can apply to have it become an SBR and do the paperwork +$200 (?) and then put a stock on it for it to be an SBR. Adding a foregrip after it is an SBR does not change anything as I understand.

I want to do an SBR in this year (i.e. before November) and the PLR is a cute way to get there. A dedicated AR SBR would run about the same cost it would seem, but this way would be lighter and quicker and could be used as a pistol until then.

Aren't Government Regulations Great :xmad:

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    100_0577.jpg

occasional truck gun

only down side is weak side shooting but being a slimy civilian I figure I can come around the other side of the house.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    NOTHING. I'd get fired in a heartbeat if I kept any kind of firearm in my truck. I sure hope Indiana will at least allow permit holders to maintain a weapon in their vehicles while at work.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Ron how does the trigger feel on something like that??
    The trigger is better then some not as good as others.
    Its got a bit of slack and its a tad heavy but you can still shoot pretty good with it. I didn't have a problem with getting used to it it wasn't much of a transition for me from a standard AR trigger.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    A trunk gun and a truck gun are two totally different things.

If I were going after truck, I would want something much larger than 9mm or even 5.56. Truck are hard to bring down, so I would start off with something like a Ithaca Mag10 Roadblocker or a .338. A 9mm will take way too many shots to effectively neutralize your average truck.

Now, as for trunk... I'm not sure what you're shooting for here. Is hunting trunk anything like hunting "hind leg" on a deer? I mean, how do you hunt a specific part of something? Odd... I'll wait for further explanation.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Gungho, how do you like your Microtech AUG? Has it been reliable for you? They seem well made. I hate the fact they don't use standard AUG mags, but I could probably get over that. :D

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Gungho, how do you like your Microtech AUG? Has it been reliable for you? They seem well made. I hate the fact they don't use standard AUG mags, but I could probably get over that. :D

I am a big fan of the rifle. I plan on the next 3gun I shott actually going from an AR to it. When I got mine originally ( I was in very early on the preorder.) it didn't run good at all and I had to send it back for service. BUT now after over 2000 rnds without a hiccup I'm very pleased with it.
    My only complaint is week side shooting I liked to switch it up with the AR's but since I'm not planning any dynamic entries I think I will be ok in that regard, the only trouble I see is if there is a required weak side shot at a shoot and if thats the case them Im a screwed duck.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

3. You can apply to have it become an SBR and do the paperwork +$200 (?) and then put a stock on it for it to be an SBR. Adding a foregrip after it is an SBR does not change anything as I undersand.

I want to do an SBR in this year (i.e. before november) and the PLR is a cute way to get there. A dedicated AR SBR would run about the same cost it would seem, but this way would be lighter and quicker and could be used as a pistol until then.

The first thing i thought when I saw the photo was how it would easier to shoot with a forward grip. Damn, that could send me to jail! That law makes absolutely no sense.

Top Bottom