• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am drawing a blank on what to name the trust.

What combination of your name (use a fake one if you will) do you use? I don't want to engrave 50 letters on the side of this firearm.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I rearrange the letters in my name to form "Lord Voldemort"...

Depends on the type of trust really. For a land trust I would pick something that has nothing to do with my or my family's names so that it makes it harder to track. Don't know if you'd do the same for a gun trust.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Most common is just your last name. That's what I used, and its unique based on the trust name and the address.

Or if you wanted a fun name you could call it "In God We" or "Nobody Gets My" or "In NFA I"

something like that :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yea, my wife will be on the trust so I'll have to pass.

This is a trust for my SBR and future NFA collection to pass down to my sons.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I posted at great length on this about six months ago. In short, don't use any smartass, funny, macho, pun-ny, cute, threatening, or otherwise nifty names for your NFA trust. If, God forbid, you ever have to use one of the trust weapons to defend yourself, a half-witted prosecutor will rip you a new ******* on the stand for it, you can't defend against it, and you'll come out looking foolish, vengeful, violent, immature, or all of the above. You will find yourself in a whole new uncharted world of steamy hurt!

Simply using your initials is a great way to save on engraving costs, i.e. XYZ Trust. You needn't include "NFA", "revocable", "irrevocable", or any other extraneous wording.:twocents:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    So it's offical...it shall be called the "Mr. Turnandshoot4 and Mrs. Turnandshoot4 National Firearms Act Revocable Living Zombie Killing, Because Chicks Dig Class 3 Stuff Irrevocable Trust of The Living Dead" :ar15:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    The attorney who drafted my trust recommended keeping it simple and including my last name. His reasoning was, in the unfortunate event of being accosted by Deputy Barney Fife while possessing an NFA item, having MY name on the trust document should eliminate any confusion about my lawful possession of the item in question.

Made sense to me, so I went with his recommendation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I posted at great length on this about six months ago. In short, don't use any smartass, funny, macho, pun-ny, cute, threatening, or otherwise nifty names for your NFA trust. If, God forbid, you ever have to use one of the trust weapons to defend yourself, a half-witted prosecutor will rip you a new ******* on the stand for it, you can't defend against it, and you'll come out looking foolish, vengeful, violent, immature, or all of the above. You will find yourself in a whole new uncharted world of steamy hurt!

Simply using your initials is a great way to save on engraving costs, i.e. XYZ Trust. You needn't include "NFA", "revocable", "irrevocable", or any other extraneous wording.:twocents:
    Excellent advice. I'd recommend just something short with your name in it.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I intended it to be "[My Initials] Trust", but it came back from my lawyer "[My Initials] Firearm Trust". Not a big deal, but I was hoping to save the letters as well. Still, not terribly long.

Top Bottom