• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just to verify, once my trust document has been drafted, all that is left for me to do is have it notarized, correct? I don't have to file it with a court or anything right? Checked the FAQ and didn't see this in there.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    You dont have to file anything with a court. I had mine notarized and filled out Schedule A then sent in my trust paperwork to the ATF the next day. I received my stamp a couple months later.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Yes just have it notarized and send it off. Just sent one out in the mail again today...... My wife will divorce me one day

Make a bunch of copies and keep the original ones in a safe place. Same thing with the stamp have a copy with you when out shooting not the original ones.

JamieQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Will a photocopy of the original document suffice to keep in the range bag or do you need to have an actual notarized copy with you?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Will a photocopy of the original document suffice to keep in the range bag or do you need to have an actual notarized copy with you?

I don't keep any bit of the trust itself with me ever. It’s nobody's business.

As said above, trusts in Indiana do not require a notary.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    You dont have to file anything with a court. I had mine notarized and filled out Schedule A then sent in my trust paperwork to the ATF the next day. I received my stamp a couple months later.

Being new to the trust thingy what does the Schedule A do for you and exactly what stamp are you referring to ?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Being new to the trust thingy what does the Schedule A do for you and exactly what stamp are you referring to ?

The stamp is what you get when you get approval for a class 3 item

A schedule A is a list of everything in the trust which cannot include NFA items until they are approved

Top Bottom