• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've noticed that there has been alot of people bashing LEO's and LEO's bashing people on the forum. Some bashing may be warranted, some may not. I have a challenge for each side. Come up with a scenario that you strongly disagree with (you may use real examples) and try to take the other opinion (Lets not have more bashing or sarcasm, but some sort of thoughtful discourse).

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    ok ill play. i was arrested for sitting in a parked vehicle on private property for dui. ok now im gonna try to think what the leo was thinking. heres a guy sitting in his vehicle not bothering anybody on private property.

ok out of the car long hair we are here to teach you a lesson about not breaking the law and minding your own business. fast foward 2 years. the courts make a ruling and have to tell leo since they are not smart enough to figure it out on thier own. drinking and driving has to involve drinking and driving. parked on private property is not a crime. who would of thunk?

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ok ill play. i was arrested for sitting in a parked vehicle on private property for dui. ok now im gonna try to think what the leo was thinking. heres a guy sitting in his vehicle not bothering anybody on private property.

ok out of the car long hair we are here to teach you a lesson about not breaking the law and minding your own business. fast foward 2 years. the courts make a ruling and have to tell leo since they are not smart enough to figure it out on thier own. drinking and driving has to involve drinking and driving. parked on private property is not a crime. who would of thunk?
    I was asking for a thoughtful, not sarcastic reply.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    What exactly is your way?

I've noticed that there has been alot of people bashing LEO's and LEO's bashing people on the forum. Some bashing may be warranted, some may not. I have a challenge for each side. Come up with a scenario that you strongly disagree with (you may use real examples) and try to take the other opinion (Lets not have more bashing or sarcasm, but some sort of thoughtful discourse).
    Don't get it. what is your way? people bashing leo's,or leo's bashing citizens?:dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think auto mechanics should refuse to repair vehicles if they don't agree 100% with how the vehicle was designed or engineered. I think the mechanics should be paid anyway and not have to worry about losing their job for their decision.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ...Why go looking for trouble? The pot is stirred to boiling around here lately.

I'm not a saint with regards to criticism, but I agree with this. If there is a newsworthy event, that is one thing.....this, I don't see as a productive endeavor.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I think auto mechanics should refuse to repair vehicles if they don't agree 100% with how the vehicle was designed or engineered. I think the mechanics should be paid anyway and not have to worry about losing their job for their decision.
    good point who would make that decision gmc? lets start the calls

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne

What are the terms of the original employment agreement?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ah, but there is a catch. Proper engineering and design would repair them ALL.

Of course it would but that wouldn't make money at the dealerships repairing the crap designs. What are the mechanics to do in the mean time while the engineers straighten things out? They know that the vehicles could be better engineered but don't have the ability to change the designs. They also know people need their vehicles repaired regardless of how crappy the designs.

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Of course it would but that wouldn't make money at the dealerships repairing the crap designs. What are the mechanics to do in the mean time while the engineers straighten things out?
    I think the mechanic should try to do the best job he can, but also make the management aware of the design flaws.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think the mechanic should try to do the best job he can, but also make the management aware of the design flaws.

Yeah but that doesn't stop the consumers from holding the mechanics responsible for the crap designs or the cost involved in repairing them. If the mechanics refuse to repair them they may lose their job and the consumers won't be able to carry on their lives like they are accustomed.

The mechanics can tell the consumers to write the engineers about the flaws but 9 times out of 10 that falls on deaf ears and has yet to produce any measurable result.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I am not bashing or trying to be sarcastic. just don't understand the thread."try to take a scenario that you strongly disagree with,and take the other opinion" if you strongly disagree with something. and you think with your own head. obviously the other opinion is wrong to you. so you are supposed to take the other opinion,and try to talk yourself out of your own opinion that you strongly disagree with? I guess maybe I am just not smart enough to figure it out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I am not bashing or trying to be sarcastic. just don't understand the thread."try to take a scenario that you strongly disagree with,and take the other opinion" if you strongly disagree with something. and you think with your own head. obviously the other opinion is wrong to you. so you are supposed to take the other opinion,and try to talk yourself out of your own opinion that you strongly disagree with? I guess maybe I am just not smart enough to figure it out.

I think the idea is to try to take a walk in someone else's shoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--Vlij1X1Y

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah but that doesn't stop the consumers from holding the mechanics responsible for the crap designs or the cost involved in repairing them. If the mechanics refuse to repair them they may lose their job and the consumers won't be able to carry on their lives like they are accustomed.

The mechanics can tell the consumers to write the engineers about the flaws but 9 times out of 10 that falls on deaf ears and has yet to produce any measurable result.
    Are the design flaws that the mechanic disagrees with dangerous to the consumer, and in doing the repairs will he further endanger the consumer? If so, we he still agree to work on the vehicle?

Top Bottom