• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    As far as I can tell, most people are pretty high on Speer Gold dots, so right now I am looking at 124gr gold dots (this is not set in stone though). But should I try to find some +p version, or does it not really matter? The +p seems to be quite a bit more expensive, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places. Thanks in advance

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Gold Dots are perfectly fine. If you want to add a little more punch during these winter carry months when people dress in layers, then the +P Gold Dots would fit the bill.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    9mm penetrates very very well, I don't think winter clothing even leather is an issue in this caliber. I carry 124gn Federal Hydra-shocks, but I am also partial to the Hornady 147gn XTPHP. I have also loaded these 90gn HP in 9mm I would have to look up my old records to find the recipe and with these penetration is an issue as they wont go all the way threw a gallon milk jug of water, but leave a dime sized lead coin inside after exploding it all to hell LOL they are crazy fun to shoot...
    Speer Gold Dot Bullets 380 ACP (355 Diameter) 90 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 100 - MidwayUSA

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Gold Dots, Federal HST, Winchester PDX1, in no particular order, are all very good rounds. Whichever provides best function in your gun, is more accurate, and you can get your hands on should be the deciding factors. Golden Sabers are also very good, but I think the three above are a notch better.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    +1 for Speer Gold Dots

There's probably not a "bad" JHP design,:twocents: but it seems Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST are used by more PD'S and Fed. agencies. Are there stats on the web somewhere(since we don't read gun mags like we used to) that shows what agency uses what round? And how effective those rounds have been in police action shootings?(Evan Marshall)

gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    Do you guys usually buy online? I'd like to buy some gold dots or hst's, but all I can find locally are non-bonded golden sabers for 30$ for a box of 20.

Top Bottom