• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    As the title says I am looking for surplus 8mm Mauser. I have been shooting the Romanian stuff in the 340 or 380rd spam cans like this from AIM but I have been having a hard time finding it. I only saw a few cans at the 1500, but missed out on them Friday. I have checked AIM, Cheaperthandirt, and Wiedners with no luck. Anybody have any other ideas where to look? Thanks

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The approval on the new containers of 8 Mauser are taking their time aren't they. Geez, it's in the warehouses but .gov is dragging its wing tips.

There's plenty of Serbian and Czech ammo around but you'll pay more per round than the military surplus.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    The approval on the new containers of 8 Mauser are taking their time aren't they. Geez, it's in the warehouses but .gov is dragging its wing tips.

There's plenty of Serbian and Czech ammo around but you'll pay more per round than the military surplus.

Thanks for the reply Kirk. Glad I'm not crazy. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Found some yugo 900rd spam cans at natchez cheap, but the shipping is like $40. And about 50 or so of the last batch of 1000 yugo I bought didn't fire. Which I hear is common. So you think there are containers waiting to clear customs? Never heard of that before. I have seen the Privi and SB stuff. Not worth spending that much for my use. Thanks again.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bradis always have 8mm surplus. I've never seen them have the spam cans like they do for 54R. Just bought 70rnds at B II for less than $25.00 (lost my recipt) I like the Turkish stuff in Bandoliers for $20.00 at the 1500 when I can find it. Had some last 1500 but just bought powder bullets for AR, and then 420rnd can of green tip for $149.00. So my budget was blown!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Copes has Yugo 8mm for like $210/900 rounds.
    It's the old 196 grain heavy ball. 1950's manufactured.
    And they probably still have the $10 flat rate shipping fee.

Myself I'm waiting on more Romanian to show up but it's hard telling when that will be, and at what price.
    All I know to do is try to set back some money and wait. Neither is easy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you are a true fan of the 8mm, it might be good to stock up on some reloadable brass and a set of dies. That war has been over a long time, I have no real data on the world wide stock piles, but the warehouses will eventually run out. I do this every time I buy a firearm in an obsolete caliber.

Top Bottom