• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    My girlfriend's dad is looking for a 57 Chevy. He was born in 57 and is turning 57 next year. So he thought it would be a neat idea to get a 57 Chevy. As long as the frame is in decent shape he is okay with having to do restorations to it. If anybody happens to see or hear of one for sale, please let me know!

Thanks
    :ingo:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    He would be best off to find a partially restored daily driver in this day and age. The cost to resurrect a car is a lose lose. His desire is understandable, believe me, been there, done that.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not sure exactly what his budget is but he's made it clear that cost isn't going to be too much an issue. He's been saving for a very long time for this. It's one of his "life goals" to get a 57 for his 57 birthday.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    This is a good thing. What jumps out in my mind, when considering such a project, is the "time factor". At 57 (my age) I want to drive it, not be involved in a restoration. If he has a shop and experience then go for it. If not then start an internet search.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Best of luck. I every so often try searching for my dad as he was born in 57. He wants a 210 57 chevy as he was born feb. 2nd . so best of luck lol. Right now he has a 51 chevy pickup still trying to find a 57 lol

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There is a blue 57 wagon with a white roof up in Plymouth for $5,000. The body looks pretty decent. Interior not so good. Suppose to be the original v8 and 3spd. It is in this week's Auto & Rv. It is a pretty nice looking car and would make someone a really nice start to a project.

But here is something to check (the wagon is in there). Auto & RV Publications - Search Results

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a 4 door 1957 chevy bel air with the original engine transmission And wheels. also has the desired automatic antenna. Pm me if your interested. This is a restoration project but the body is solid and its all there. I do have the title too.
    im gonna restore the 2 door and I won't ever get around to the 4 door.
    id also take firearms as partial trade value.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/3854418210.html

Thanks I'll pass these along

There is a blue 57 wagon with a white roof up in Plymouth for $5,000. The body looks pretty decent. Interior not so good. Suppose to be the original v8 and 3spd. It is in this week's Auto & Rv. It is a pretty nice looking car and would make someone a really nice start to a project.

But here is something to check (the wagon is in there). Auto & RV Publications - Search Results

If it's the same one I'm thinking about he's actually got an appointment to go see it this weekend.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a 4 door 1957 chevy bel air with the original engine transmission And wheels. also has the desired automatic antenna. Pm me if your interested. This is a restoration project but the body is solid and its all there. I do have the title too.
    im gonna restore the 2 door and I won't ever get around to the 4 door.
    id also take firearms as partial trade value.

PM Sent

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Thanks I'll pass these along

If it's the same one I'm thinking about he's actually got an appointment to go see it this weekend.

If I had the money, it wouldn't have sat as long as it has because it looks solid. My dad stopped to check it out and got underneath it. Said it looks good for a car of it's age. I know it has moved under it's own power but I wouldn't trust the brakes as the lines are probably weak as it has sat for awhile.

If you know anyone that is into Mustangs, the guy with the wagon also has an orange 64 1/2 6cyl. Mustang for under $10k. It looks like a pretty nice car.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom