• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'll be there. Might be the last one for me for a while due to general life disruption. Weather looks hot and awful.

Finally got a KP15 lower and all the parts transferred over from my GWACs lower, looking forward to running it. These are great matches.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I am gonna need to see that kp15! I have an irrational want for one.
    It's pretty rad. Still haven't put rounds through it but I'm not expecting any issues.

My big complaint about the GWACs was the loose magwell due to having the middle opened up to take an AR45 mag insert, which of course nobody ever bought. I shimmed it with duct tape, but that meant I had to make an effort to physically strip every mag out instead of counting on them to drop free. Totally fixed on the KP15.

Finish, texture, and overall "niceness" is much better. The GWACs molds hit the end of their lifespan not long after I bought mine, and you could tell. All the angles and stuff are soft-looking. The KP15 is sharp-looking, nicely textured, and feels new and modern. Ever so slightly beefier-feeling, too.

The blems have been selling dang cheap, too. On par with a stripped Anderson lower plus a magpul grip and generic buffer tube and stock. The GWACS was priced at a premium over building a standard lower, KE Arms is actually undercutting it slightly.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Can someone point me to info on these matches?

What is TSA, and where is TCC? Web sites or mail lists would be appreciated.

I am no tactical guy, but I would like to try a two gun match. (watched to much InRange I guess)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Christ it was hot. Good match, glad to have a regular-sized course of fire again. Really did need to be split into two squads, though, took way too long out in the heat.

I am no tactical guy, but I would like to try a two gun match. (watched to much InRange I guess)

The best way to stay posted is to get on the email list.

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Great time today, as always.
    These are always fun and a good opportunity to test yourself and gear.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Christ it was hot. Good match, glad to have a regular-sized course of fire again. Really did need to be split into two squads, though, took way too long out in the heat.

The best way to stay posted is to get on the email list.
    I don't do Facebook, so that options out.

The http://tacticalshootersalliance.com/ URL doesn't resolve.

I'll poke around some more now that I have a name.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I don't do Facebook, so that options out.

The http://tacticalshootersalliance.com/ URL doesn't resolve.

I'll poke around some more now that I have a name

yeah I think the website is dead. There is usually a match at tri state coon hunters club in Batesville, Indiana every 4th Sunday. I will try to pm you the emails for the guys that run the email list when I get on my computer next. I will also try to post reminders here.

two gun matches are an absolute blast.

Despite drinking tons of fluid I was absolutely dead at the end.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis

Their website has gone dark. However, monthly matches are happening in Batesville.

Here is a video we put together before Covid explaining what TSA is about. (The video doesn't seem to play for me on Safari, but does work using Chrome.)

If you want to message me your email address, I will try to get you added to the email announcements.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Definitely looking to start 2 gun. Did some USPSA before, much more interested in personal proficiency in my weapons and gear vs scoring, and this looks perfect.
    It's a very accessible 2-gun match. You can run basically any semiauto rifle and any pistol. Mags typically loaded to 10 rounds. All you need to be able to carry is two reloads for each weapon and one in the gun. Score modifiers are applied if you want to run armor or iron sights. Three of the four stages are in CQB bays, so a PCC or other less accurate gun is only at a real disadvantage on the rifle stage where they have 75ish yard shots. Due to range limitations there isn't as much movement as I'd like to see, but at least there's some.

If you're not strictly a Glock and AR guy you can shoot this match with a LOT of gun combos. AKs, revolvers, 1911s, SKS, M1 Garand or carbine, battle rifles, PCCs, you can run just about anything as long as it can be slung safely and has a working OWB holster.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I’ll add a few thoughts to what Ark has written.

This past month we were asked to make 3 head shots at +/- 75 yards. Shooting with some sort of magnification makes that a lot easier. A 1-4x scope or a flip in magnifier for your red dot goes a long way. I bought a Vortex StrikeEagle 1-8x which I like, but might have been just as happy with the 1-6x version. 8x is too much magnification for me when shooting on the clock.

A dump pouch is a small investment that is very helpful. Like IDPA, you will be penalized if you leave a magazine with ammo lying on the ground.

A rifle with a safety like an AR or CZ Scorpion is faster to engage and disengage compared to a cross-bolt safety on a Sub-2000 or a CX-4. You will be doing that a lot in this event.

Practice your reloads and putting mags in your dump pouch. Know where your rifle vs. pistol mags are on your belt or plate carrier. Develop a SOP. i.e. always grab the closest mag on the first reload and work to the rear of your belt.

If your rifle is zeroed at 100 yards, how many inches low will you bullet hit a target that is only 5 yards away?

Don’t be surprised when you are asked to shoot weak hand with either your handgun or rifle. Just because your scope is easy to see through when you shoulder normally doesn’t mean you’ll see anything for the first (feels like minutes) when shouldering to your week side and the sling is too tight and then the frame of your safety glasses are blocking your view and you can’t figure out what eye you want to use.

You are asked to keep a chamber flag in your rifle when not shooting.

Scopes can still work even if the battery dies. Not so much red dots. I have shot this match multiple times with a Burris MTAC 1-4x and liked it a lot. The reticle has a small dot below the center cross hair which works great as a CQB aiming point when the rifle is zeroed at 100 yards.

Top Bottom