TSA agents could be furloughed under sequester.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    sequestration is going to be a tragedy for our economy. It is also going to be a tragedy for my income. I work at NSWC Crane. There are over 6000 employees on this base that will be bumped down to 32 hours a week if this goes through. talk about a blow to the local economy.

Im ususally all for spending cuts, but this is the wrong way to do it.

sorry, rant off

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    sequestration is going to be a tragedy for our economy. It is also going to be a tragedy for my income. I work at NSWC Crane. There are over 6000 employees on this base that will be bumped down to 32 hours a week if this goes through. talk about a blow to the local economy.

sorry, rant off

NIMBY

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

sorry, rant off

This situation isn't because of spending cuts. This situation is because our President (CEO of the GOV workforce), is unable to get a budget passed through congress. Simply put: It's because our boss and his team of managers cant figure out how to run a business.

I know there is a lot more to it than that, but essentially he has been kicking the can down the road for over 4 years, signing one continuing resolution after another. And now we are having to pay the price for that.

This is going to affect a whole lot more than just "our backyard".

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This situation isn't because of spending cuts. This situation is because our President (CEO of the GOV workforce), is unable to get a budget passed through congress. Simply put: It's because our boss and his team of managers cant figure out how to run a business.

I know there is a lot more to it than that, but essentially he has been kicking the can down the road for over 4 years, signing one continuing resolution after another. And now we are having to pay the price for that.

This is going to affect a whole lot more than just "our backyard".

The budget isn't worth the paper it's printed on if there isn't sufficient funds to cover it. As usual, every recipient of those funds will demand those cuts be made to someone else and not themselves.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    These chumps (everyone in D.C.) agreed to this as a possible outcome, so I say let the wave crash. The more we kick this issue down the road, the worse it is going to be.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    The budget isn't worth the paper it's printed on if there isn't sufficient funds to cover it. As usual, every recipient of those funds will demand those cuts be made to someone else and not themselves.

I agree with the budget statement, but again the federal employees being furloughed is not about "cuts", if they would pass a budget we wouldn't be getting a 20% reduction in hours, resulting in a 20% pay cut. The amount of work I have to do isn't going down, in fact it's going up, the work is there, there is just no money to pay to get the work done. Now I just have one less day a week to get it done. I can't even volunteer to come in and get the work done. We are being forced out of work for that day.

So you are ok with the amout of money the federal government spends, across the board, including all programs?

Budget, what budget, they havent passed a budget in years...

Gunner

These chumps (everyone in D.C.) agreed to this as a possible outcome, so I say let the wave crash. The more we kick this issue down the road, the worse it is going to be.

Yes and Yes. I am affected by this and I say let it happen. Hopefully Upper Managment up on the hill will finally see how their inability to manage actually affects the effectivness/functioning of our military. Can you say "Hollow Force"?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I've been laid off, so I can sympathize with you, but we have to start cutting somewhere, and even more than what is being proposed.

The whole system is in a tail spin and will come crashing down if we don't start cutting soon.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I agree with the budget statement, but again the federal employees being furloughed is not about "cuts", if they would pass a budget we wouldn't be getting a 20% reduction in hours, resulting in a 20% pay cut. The amount of work I have to do isn't going down, in fact it's going up, the work is there, there is just no money to pay to get the work done. Now I just have one less day a week to get it done. I can't even volunteer to come in and get the work done. We are being forced out of work for that day.

So you are ok with the amout of money the federal government spends, across the board, including all programs?

Yes and Yes. I am affected by this and I say let it happen. Hopefully Upper Managment up on the hill will finally see how their inability to manage actually affects the effectivness/functioning of our military. Can you say "Hollow Force"?
    If my employer spent 50+% more than they took in year after year after year, only 20% pay reduction would be a pipe dream. The federal government could cut 50% and still wouldn't eliminate the budget deficit. If your pay shouldn't be cut, than whose pay should?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Just another reason why the airlines should be running their own security again, and probably their own air traffic control also.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've been laid off, so I can sympathize with you, but we have to start cutting somewhere, and even more than what is being proposed.

The whole system is in a tail spin and will come crashing down even if we [STRIKE]don't[/STRIKE] start cutting soon.

Fixed.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32

sorry, rant off

Sounds like the same argument the welfare queens, NEA and Planned Parenthhod woukld make...

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    If my employer spent 50+% more than they took in year after year after year, only 20% pay reduction would be a pipe dream. The federal government could cut 50% and still wouldn't eliminate the budget deficit. If your pay shouldn't be cut, than whose pay should?

See we both agree that Upper Management has no idea on how to run a business. At least we can see eye to eye on that.

There is a whole lot of spending that they do, that doesn't result in someones paycheck. Well I guess for the welfare recipients it is a paycheck.

I can think of entire departments that need to be cut. And I would gladly take a 20% pay cut if someone could explain to me why both the Dept of Education and Soc Security Dept have/need swat teams. Why do we need the BATFE again? I can keep going, but yeah the GOV spends WAY too much money.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    See we both agree that Upper Management has no idea on how to run a business. At least we can see eye to eye on that.

There is a whole lot of spending that they do, that doesn't result in someones paycheck. Well I guess for the welfare recipients it is a paycheck.

I can think of entire departments that need to be cut. And I would gladly take a 20% pay cut if someone could explain to me why both the Dept of Education and Soc Security Dept have/need swat teams. Why do we need the BATFE again? I can keep going, but yeah the GOV spends WAY too much money.

And the recipients of the dollars you want cut will argue just as vigorously to keep their dollars as you are for yours. Our federal government is spending $3.8+ trillion a year because the recipients ask for those dollars, not because they think it's the benevelant thing to do. Those dollars buy votes.

Out of that $3.8+ trillion, how much of it squares with the constitution? Your paycheck may be more constitutional than other federal employees but guess what. Their vote counts just as much as yours.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    And the recipients of the dollars you want cut will argue just as vigorously to keep their dollars as you are for yours. Our federal government is spending $3.8+ trillion a year because the recipients ask for those dollars, not because they think it's the benevelant thing to do. Those dollars buy votes.

Out of that $3.8+ trillion, how much of it squares with the constitution? Your paycheck may be more constitutional than other federal employees but guess what. Their vote counts just as much as yours.

Yes there vote counts too. But the company I work for is actually mandated in the Constitution of the USA. :ingo:

ETA: I did say I would be willing to take a pay cut if they cut some spend elseware. But agian this isn't a spending cut issue. All they need to do is approve a spending plan that is even close to last years budget and it would keep all federal employees from being furloughed.

Top Bottom