• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With the other post 9/11 security measures like reinforced cockpit doors combined with the new post 9/11 mindset of "rip them to shreds before they kill us all" instead of "sit there and comply until the ransom is met", are these rules still really needed? Can anyone really take over an airplane with a knife any longer? Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like we're really still in overkill mode when it comes to carry on rules for airplanes.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    With the other post 9/11 security measures like reinforced cockpit doors combined with the new post 9/11 mindset of "rip them to shreds before they kill us all" instead of "sit there and comply until the ransom is met", are these rules still really needed? Can anyone really take over an airplane with a knife any longer? Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like we're really still in overkill mode when it comes to carry on rules for airplanes.

I dont think someone could take over an airplane with a machine gun these days.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Plus even with all that you can still bring knives and firearms undected in planes anyway.
    It's kinda like locks who only keep good people out.The TSA only keep good people from bringing stuff in planes, if they obey the rules anyway.
    Just some time ago a blogger reported that he took a small box cutter through two security checks because he forgot he had it in his pocket.
    He only noticed once he was inside the plane.

image.php

But didn't they change their policy a few months ago and that now you can bring small non-locking blades again? :dunno:

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    I went through a month or so ago and they took my pliers. They told me that they were an inch to long to be on the plane. I think the guy just wanted to have a new pair of pliers so he made something up. They were almost new also. Its always hard to replace a good tool.

jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    After they took sock monkey's firearm did they do a full body and cavity search to make sure he didn't have any other weapons?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What's even better about the story is the lady had 6" sewing needles and they let her keep those!

Im always amazed they let my wife on the plane with knitting needles. A 4" pocket knife isn't allowed, but a 10" sharp piece of steel is fine. Nothing to see here, move along.

Top Bottom