• HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Hello,
    Is anyone familiar with this TSA patch?
    someone offered me $25 each for the three I have and it made me wonder if this is collectible.
    lqfmisz

lqfmisz
    ETp7xdD.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah, I thought about that and I told the person they weren’t for sale. A web search to try and find this exact patch didn’t turn anything up for me.

I don't collect patches, but I do have a few I've accumulated over the years. If someone offered me $25 for any of them, they'd be sold in a heartbeat.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Unless they’ve changed recently, I don’t think that’s a legit patch. I’ve never seen that one and I used to work very closely with DHS and TSA. It’s been a couple years but...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If a patch gets you in somewhere, then well, the security apparently wasn't too good now was it.
    You’ve obviously got an overrated view of most “security” in today’s world. Something as simple as a clip board, safety vest, and hard hat can get you pretty much anywhere you want. An official looking patch, proper looking-ish “official” uniform, and the right mindset, you can get rich.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...truck-driver-walks-out-walmart-75-000-n387751

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Airport “fluffier”? At least he’s COVID friendly is with the glove!

I was in Boston a month after 9/11 and flew home out of Logan Airport, the same airport that the high jackers took off from. Airport security was pretty tight as one might expect, but they were actually asking people to open up their pants so agents could visually check and see if anyone had something stuffed down there (I guess).

I happened to be going Commando that day. I was much younger back then and was a little more free about things. I told the guy I didn't have any drawers on but he just said, "I have to check." I just shrugged and gave him a show.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I was in Boston a month after 9/11 and flew home out of Logan Airport, the same airport that the high jackers took off from. Airport security was pretty tight as one might expect, but they were actually asking people to open up their pants so agents could visually check and see if anyone had something stuffed down there (I guess).

I happened to be going Commando that day. I was much younger back then and was a little more free about things. I told the guy I didn't have any drawers on but he just said, "I have to check." I just shrugged and gave him a show.

That TSA garbage is so far across the line. I’m nice to TSA until they want to single me out for special inspections. Another government overreach “for our safety.”

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Did the guy yell "Nothing to see here" when you dropped them?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You’ve obviously got an overrated view of most “security” in today’s world. Something as simple as a clip board, safety vest, and hard hat can get you pretty much anywhere you want. An official looking patch, proper looking-ish “official” uniform, and the right mindset, you can get rich.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...truck-driver-walks-out-walmart-75-000-n387751

[video=youtube;GyvRamX1VyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvRamX1VyA[/video]

Imagine someone with bad intent...

Top Bottom