• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Your doing a heck of a job there, Brownie, er, I mean Janet!

Just think of all the security lapses that the government is NOT telling us about.

TSA: Security fails to spot gun at Mont. airport - Yahoo! News

TSA: Security fails to spot gun at Mont. airportThu Jan 14, 5:14 am ET

BOZEMAN, Mont. – Officials say security screeners at a Bozeman-area airport failed to spot a gun in a passenger's luggage last month, but the man turned himself in when he realized his error.
    Transportation Security Administration spokesman Dwayne Baird said in a written statement Wednesday that the unidentified man became aware that he had the firearm in his carryon luggage as he was boarding Dec. 13 at Gallatin Field.
    The gun was confiscated and the passenger was allowed to continue on the flight.
    The incident occurred nearly two weeks before the alleged Christmas Day attempt to blow up a U.S. airliner reawakened widespread concern over airline safety.
    Still, Gallatin Field Board Chairman Dick Roehm says he's disappointed at the lapse and the airport is looking into turning to a private company to handle security at the airport.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I myself think that EVERYONE on board a commercial aircraft should be armed who have a license to carry a handgun. That way if some worthless radical muslim wants to act up, BANG, their dead...

INGunGuy

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I myself think that EVERYONE on board a commercial aircraft should be armed who have a license to carry a handgun. That way if some worthless radical muslim wants to act up, BANG, their dead...

INGunGuy
    So, people from New Hampshire, Vermont and Alaska should be disarmed while flying? :dunno:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Awsome. Can't wait to fly again!

Really I think any incident will NOT be airline related. I think all the airport stuff is a diversion.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you! Are you guys trying to say that the world is dangerous and there are no assurances of safety, even if turn over the safety procedures to government policy and government workers?! Shocked, I am.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

INGunGuy

I think that any free person that wants to be armed should be able to regardless of where they are but...

So, people from New Hampshire, Vermont and Alaska should be disarmed while flying? :dunno:

I understand what you mean, but only one of those states doesn't issue carry permits. Perhaps you meant VT, IL and DC? Although even those citizens can get a non-resident permit but not sure how that would work for boarding an aircraft. Maybe under the safe passage laws, they have to have it locked up until the plane is in the air? :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is not reassuring. Who in their right mind would be flying these days? It seems security is lax. It is but a matter of time before we have another incident.

Ever ask yourself WHY security is lax?

Could it be BECAUSE we don't have the actual airlines in charge of security?

Could it be BECAUSE we allow the government, which has no actual vested interest in any airline, to be in charge of security.

Think for a few minutes about the logic/illogic of this. Who better than the airline to insure its own safety? If one of its own planes blows up it is out a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS or more, just for the cost of the airplane, and literally hundreds of millions of dollars in legal fees, lawsuit settlements, etc from the surviving family members of passengers. So an airline, in charge of its own security, has a real interest in keeping its passengers and airline safe from terrorists.

But instead we turn it over to minimum wage workers in fancy uniforms who are on the federal payroll and who, if they screw up and allow something to pass, might-just maybe-get a reprimand but will likely never get fired and will live out on their generous government paid pensions and healthcare. They have NO VESTED INTEREST in keeping the airlines safe. I had a cousin who was a TSA worker for awhile before getting a better job at Home Depot. He said security is a joke. Makes me feel a lot better!

Let the free market take care of itself. Let the airlines manage their own security. Personally I'd rather fly an airline that has the guts to "profile" its passengers than under our current system where its not politically correct to question a bearded middleastern looking man in his 20's with a turban on his head.

An airline screws up and their plane blows up then I'm willing to bet that very few people will book flights with that airline in the future UNTIL they tighten security. But if the TSA is in charge and an airliner blows up do you ever hear of anyone getting fired at the checkpoint level.

Seriously, let the free market decide, get the federal government out of the business of confiscating tweezers from passengers and allow the airlines to look out for themselves. I'd feel MUCH safer when I fly.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Ever ask yourself WHY security is lax?

Could it be BECAUSE we don't have the actual airlines in charge of security?

Could it be BECAUSE we allow the government, which has no actual vested interest in any airline, to be in charge of security.

Think for a few minutes about the logic/illogic of this. Who better than the airline to insure its own safety? If one of its own planes blows up it is out a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS or more, just for the cost of the airplane, and literally hundreds of millions of dollars in legal fees, lawsuit settlements, etc from the surviving family members of passengers. So an airline, in charge of its own security, has a real interest in keeping its passengers and airline safe from terrorists.

But instead we turn it over to minimum wage workers in fancy uniforms who are on the federal payroll and who, if they screw up and allow something to pass, might-just maybe-get a reprimand but will likely never get fired and will live out on their generous government paid pensions and healthcare. They have NO VESTED INTEREST in keeping the airlines safe. I had a cousin who was a TSA worker for awhile before getting a better job at Home Depot. He said security is a joke. Makes me feel a lot better!

Let the free market take care of itself. Let the airlines manage their own security. Personally I'd rather fly an airline that has the guts to "profile" its passengers than under our current system where its not politically correct to question a bearded middleastern looking man in his 20's with a turban on his head.

An airline screws up and their plane blows up then I'm willing to bet that very few people will book flights with that airline in the future UNTIL they tighten security. But if the TSA is in charge and an airliner blows up do you ever hear of anyone getting fired at the checkpoint level.

Seriously, let the free market decide, get the federal government out of the business of confiscating tweezers from passengers and allow the airlines to look out for themselves. I'd feel MUCH safer when I fly.

I completely agree.:yesway:

Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Help

We probably need more help @ the screening posts...maybe we could use some of our military men and women.....Oh wait, we have them all covered up in 2 other wars right now. (lets just hope BHO doesn't deploy any to Haiti and further weaken the homefront.:patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Americans look for weapons, the Israelis look for terrorists.

When we focus on things instead of people we will screw up.

When we have people serve technology, both will fail.

We look to look for the bad guys and we need technology to serve/aid people.

And we need to let everyone carry their pistols instead of giving the Jihadis a safe work environment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdad
    What you say makes too much <<3 sec INGO delay>> sense and as such CANNOT work! Why if we fix the problem then what will TSA do? You clearly don't understand how the <<3 sec INGO delay>> system needs to work. :rolleyes: ;)

@all
    So the guy managed to pass secure with the gun. Has he not committed a felony now?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ah, now if only more people would look at things logically we could disassemble a good portion of our government and do things more efficiently and more effectively.

But that doesn't fit in with the populist class warfare model that consumes the non producers.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This is not reassuring. Who in their right mind would be flying these days? It seems security is lax. It is but a matter of time before we have another incident.

:dunno:If it wasn't for the job, I wouldn't fly. I work in IL and fly frequently for work. That is two really awful things! I've been working on finding something in IN, but, well, you know.....the job market sucks.:)

Top Bottom