• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    About time we disband or at least revamp the TSA.
    Disband is the only option. The federal gov has NO business stepping in and spending tax dollars to provide security for private business/industry. If the airlines think they will lose money by NOT providing the security, then THEY can provide it. We have subsidized the airline industry for FAR FAR FAR too long already. EVERY effin time they go broke, we the people bail them out for as long as I've been alive.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I never understood why the government is 1) forcing security measures on private companies 2) providing the security to private companies

Just another reason why I try to fly military or small private plane, none of this body cavity search bs

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well as long as we put up with this it will continue to happen. this is what you get when you hire uneducated social bottom feeders to do a job dealing with people and a little bit of assumed authority.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    well as long as we put up with this it will continue to happen. this is what you get when you hire uneducated social bottom feeders to do a job dealing with people and a little bit of assumed authority.

+1,000 ..... I mean, + whatever amount our government is spending/printing/hiding/obligating us to! :patriot:

Last edited:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    bottom line, the only way to stop it is to flat out boycott flying. they wont get the message until we cut off the money.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Thanks to the TSA I have a new outlook on travel. I have never had any urge to travel over seas and there isn't any place in this country that I can't drive to. The airlines can just kiss my ***!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Two words. Private charter.

Give some money back to the "small guys" in American business. Remember that small businesses account for most of the jobs and services here in the USA. Why should the travel industry not have small business competiton?

Just think. Private hanger. No lines. No TSA. And best of all you know every one on the jet (most of time you split up the cost of the charter with buddies.)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Two words. Private charter.

Give some money back to the "small guys" in American business. Remember that small businesses account for most of the jobs and services here in the USA. Why should the travel industry not have small business competiton?

Just think. Private hanger. No lines. No TSA. And best of all you know every one on the jet (most of time you split up the cost of the charter with buddies.)

Of course, when the next major attack ends up using a private jet, then they will expand the TSAs powers to private airports/planes.

You have your papers comrade? :rolleyes:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
    the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
    while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
    of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
    - Ayn Rand

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I would LOVE to own something on the order of *Walmart* with security and have one (or more) of those people enter my *store*. :D

"Excuse me - we have to check you out - including a "pat-down" and search your items. I need your wallet also." (Hands driver's licence, cards, etc. to assistant) "Here - take these and make copies of them then bring them back". "Have a *good* day." :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well hopefully this man doesn't have any "unauthorized" charges or new unknown credit accounts in his name, if he ever happens to find something of that nature, he's got a heck of a case against the TSA since they very obviously copied his documents.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well hopefully this man doesn't have any "unauthorized" charges or new unknown credit accounts in his name, if he ever happens to find something of that nature, he's got a heck of a case against the TSA since they very obviously copied his documents.

I'm sure the goons would have immunity.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If you take a step back and think about it for a minute you may realize that what our government is engaging in is torture on a massive scale. By keeping people in a constant state of fear you break down their psyche and they become more pliable and susceptible to suggestion. They'll tell you what you want, turn in their friends and family, believe what you want them to believe, the terrorists are on every corner of America and are just waiting for the order to break out the AK47 and start spraying. They'll do what you want, move like docile cattle through the gates into the airport.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    One thing is for sure. The TSA has succeeded where terrorism failed. Disrupting an American way of life by scaring people away from flying. ;)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you take a step back and think about it for a minute you may realize that what our government is engaging in is torture on a massive scale. By keeping people in a constant state of fear you break down their psyche and they become more pliable and susceptible to suggestion. They'll tell you what you want, turn in their friends and family, believe what you want them to believe, the terrorists are on every corner of America and are just waiting for the order to break out the AK47 and start spraying. They'll do what you want, move like docile cattle through the gates into the airport.

Yep. The more obsessed we get with "fighting the terrorists," the more clearly we can see who the real winner of the War on Terror was always meant to be. By creating a Police State, the terrorists win, Americans lose.

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Same comment for two treads

It seems to me the TV news used to show the lines of holiday travelers at airports. Every year interviewing would-be passengers going to grandma's house. I did vaguely notice that this reporting has been less in recent years. This year I was paying attention because of the opt out day for Thanksgiving. FOX59 did a report at the airport using a tight focus on a very small group to show how little effect opt out was having. It was interesting because in the background I could see a very uncrowded airport. While there were reports of a huge traffic jam in the northeast. It was implied people were driving rather than flying but got very little coverage. The local paper had an article about retail sales being pretty good this year in spite of the economy. Makes me wonder if travel dollars were being spent at home.
    I am thinking few people have the time or resources to challenge the TSA procedures. Instead opting out of flying, use that cash for a good Christmas at home. Why risk multithousand dollar fines and attorney fees? My take is the only people who are flying are those with no other option, Buisness, to far to drive, not enough time off work to drive round trip.
    Reading some history of train travel. I came accross a mention that freight was the money maker and passenger travel was incidental.Good PR for the Railroads but not a money maker. Is the same true for Airlines? :dunno:

Top Bottom