• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    This is something we can't let fade or they will have won.

Here's a site (cleverly named) for those interested in keeping up with the latest TSA Tyranny:

==>> TSA Tyranny <<==

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I posted the following account in a different thread here, but that thread seems to have been removed, so I'll post it here again.

I flew from Louisville to Las Vegas last thursday, and at the Louisville airport, I found the TSA people to be actually quite pleasant and not at all rude or demanding. I did not see anyone being patted down, and Louisville does not have the scanners. Returning home Monday, I figured Las Vegas would be a different story, but once again, the TSA there were polite, borderline friendly, and I saw absolutely no one being patted down, or scanned (Vegas does have scanners). My experience was no different than the last time I flew four years ago, everyone went through a metal detector, put their carry on through x-ray, and went on their way.

I am in no way defending these people, and I totally disagree with how this is going. Maybe I chose two of the more people friendly airports in the country, I dunno. I didn't see anyone even coming close to having their rights violated, and I was damn sure watching for it. I'm sure some here will disagree, but walking through a metal detector, and putting your carry on bag through an x-ray machine is not a violation of anyones rights. I'm NOT saying this doesn't exist, I just didn't see it myself.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Just flew round trip Indy / Phoenix. About normal on the treatment, which isn't necessarily a good report. Everybody trying to do their best. I did go through the fancy scanners. No big deal, although I am sure the person watching the x-ray was impressed :)

TSA seemed to be on their best behavior. Maybe due to all the press???

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe I chose two of the more people friendly airports in the country, I dunno. I didn't see anyone even coming close to having their rights violated, and I was damn sure watching for it. I'm sure some here will disagree, but walking through a metal detector, and putting your carry on bag through an x-ray machine is not a violation of anyones rights. I'm NOT saying this doesn't exist, I just didn't see it myself.

I would have to ask, where exactly is the line that marks where rights do begin to be violated? Is it possible that rights can be violated even if the TSA are wearing smiles and are gentle during the searches?

I think the very sake that they have a government checkpoint set up for citizens to pass through is a violation of our rights. I shouldn't have to justify myself to a government agent unless I am a crime suspect. My pockets and my carry on are protected from being searched without cause. So says the 4th Amendment.

I feel that every person who flies is having their 4th Amendment rights violated. When the government is making you empty your pockets, take your shoes off, stand in a box, reach for the sky, receive doses of high-frequency radiation, be touched in any way.... you have been violated. The constitution forbids this behavior from government.

They can hand me a sucker from the jar after they search me. That doesn't change the fact that the constitution dies a little more with every unwarranted government search.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would have to ask, where exactly is the line that marks where rights do begin to be violated? Is it possible that rights can be violated even if the TSA are wearing smiles and are gentle during the searches?

I think the very sake that they have a government checkpoint set up for citizens to pass through is a violation of our rights. I shouldn't have to justify myself to a government agent unless I am a crime suspect. My pockets and my carry on are protected from being searched without cause. So says the 4th Amendment.

I feel that every person who flies is having their 4th Amendment rights violated. When the government is making you empty your pockets, take your shoes off, stand in a box, reach for the sky, receive doses of high-frequency radiation, be touched in any way.... you have been violated. The constitution forbids this behavior from government.

They can hand me a sucker from the jar after they search me. That doesn't change the fact that the constitution dies a little more with every unwarranted government search.
    I agree for the most part with what you are saying. The whole point of my post is that, in my experience anyway, flying was no different now than it was a few years back, and none of the things (we did take our shoes off) in your last paragraph happened to me or my wife, and I did not see it happening to anyone else. Once again, I'm not saying this type of thing doesn't exist, I know it does, I just didn't see it, and never felt I, or my wife, were being violated in any way, shape, or form. I've heard you, and others here, speak of the way the Isrealis conduct their pre flight screening, without groping people, and it's still a Gov screening isn't it? Does it guarantee a safe flight? No, it doesn't, but it's how they go about it over there.

Don't get me wrong, I was ready to blow a fuse if myself or my wife would have been treated as a criminal, and was willing to be locked up if it meant protecting myself or her rights, she even said to me on the way home, "I'm glad you didn't get arrested at the airports". I just never felt "violated". I personally feel that my LTCH in Indiana should be sufficient from my home, to anyplace in the USA I decide to travel, and that includes on the plane, but that's a whole nother argument.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've heard you, and others here, speak of the way the Isrealis conduct their pre flight screening, without groping people, and it's still a Gov screening isn't it? Does it guarantee a safe flight? No, it doesn't, but it's how they go about it over there.

I also have doubts about things Israel does because they have no Constitution, no boundaries to what the government can do, and the citizens do not have rights recognized by the government. I'd prefer that security was solely left up to airline policy, and I could choose the company that I felt suited my needs the best. If an airline wanted to allow handguns on the plane, it should be their right to allow it. If another airline wants passengers to get radiated before every flight, it is their right to choose a different airline. Laws and government agencies break up the natural workings of the free market.

Bottom line; it is not the government's job to keep us "safe." It is not their job to keep football stadiums safe from bombers. It is not their job to ride on trains to watch for terrorists. It is not their job to protect cruise ships from pirates. It is not their job to stand guard at the bank. It is not their job to patrol schools looking for weapons. It is not their job to "ride shotgun" in a big rig hauling valuable cargo. It is not their job to disarm me before I fly.

Security is part of running a business, and all of the above can hire their own. It is not a legitimate use of our tax dollars.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I agree for the most part with what you are saying. The whole point of my post is that, in my experience anyway, flying was no different now than it was a few years back, and none of the things (we did take our shoes off) in your last paragraph happened to me or my wife, and I did not see it happening to anyone else. Once again, I'm not saying this type of thing doesn't exist, I know it does, I just didn't see it, and never felt I, or my wife, were being violated in any way, shape, or form. I've heard you, and others here, speak of the way the Isrealis conduct their pre flight screening, without groping people, and it's still a Gov screening isn't it? Does it guarantee a safe flight? No, it doesn't, but it's how they go about it over there.

Don't get me wrong, I was ready to blow a fuse if myself or my wife would have been treated as a criminal, and was willing to be locked up if it meant protecting myself or her rights, she even said to me on the way home, "I'm glad you didn't get arrested at the airports". I just never felt "violated". I personally feel that my LTCH in Indiana should be sufficient from my home, to anyplace in the USA I decide to travel, and that includes on the plane, but that's a whole nother argument.

Tommy - please see my account in an earlier post.

here : https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/122260-now_i_understand.html

I fly all of the time and Indy is VERY different from Louisville. I've had both semi-ok and completely off the hook bad experiences out of Indy in the last two weeks. (I couldn't change my ticket for this Monday - result - fair treatment but WAY worse than SDF) Louisville is, as you stated, pretty much the same as it ever was...

As I wrote here before - the difference between the two is NIGHT and DAY and SDF will get all of my patronage for the foreseeable future. And if they turn as sour as IND has - then I'll make other arrangements.

The reason that you are not seeing it is that IND is working under the ENHANCED Protocols and SDF is NOT... very different joints... please believe me. Or just take a flight out of Indy and write back about how different it is...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Tommy - please see my account in an earlier post.

here : https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/122260-now_i_understand.html

I fly all of the time and Indy is VERY different from Louisville. I've had both semi-ok and completely off the hook bad experiences out of Indy in the last two weeks. (I couldn't change my ticket for this Monday - result - fair treatment but WAY worse than SDF) Louisville is, as you stated, pretty much the same as it ever was...

As I wrote here before - the difference between the two is NIGHT and DAY and SDF will get all of my patronage for the foreseeable future. And if they turn as sour as IND has - then I'll make other arrangements.

The reason that you are not seeing it is that IND is working under the ENHANCED Protocols and SDF is NOT... very different joints... please believe me. Or just take a flight out of Indy and write back about how different it is...
    I completely understand what is going on, I was merely pointing out I didn't see it at either airport I flew from. It's absolutely retarded that these people go along willingly with violating the rights of Americans, all in the name of doing their job. I took a gamble, literally, by deciding to fly, and I got away with no loss. Just felt it needed to be told here, that is all. Oh, and I told my wife before we left on our trip, don't plan any other trips that require flying, or you'll be going without me.

Top Bottom