TSA's full body "nude" scanners at Indy airport?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    What's next?

A change machine so that TSA employees can put dollar bills on the nice looking ones?

The next thing to be installed will be poles!:D

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    The "nude" video feed on these things are so seriously just like looking at a black and white nude photo. Kinda sick, what do they do for passengers under 18?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I saw a list earlier today that mentioned Indianapolis as having one. Or else they were getting one. Not being a flier I don't know for certain and can't remember where I saw the article.

Edit: I found an article that says they have one at Indy. Here.

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The remainder of the machines are being used at 13 U.S. airports for secondary screening of passengers who set off a metal detector: Atlanta; Baltimore/Washington; Denver; Dallas/Fort Worth; Indianapolis; Jacksonville and Tampa, Fla.; Los Angeles; Phoenix; Raleigh-Durham, N.C.; Richmond, Va.; Ronald Reagan Washington National; and Detroit. Travelers can opt for a pat-down instead in those instances as well.[/FONT]

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Yes they do have them and from what i have read it is nowhere like just a good quality black and white photo. Even if it was I don't care if you don't like it don't fly. The photos are reviewed in another room and then a go no go signal is given. Also if you don't like it just get a pat down. Sorry but I fly alot for work and I take my safety serious and I would prefer all be screened and not just some.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I got to go through it last week on my way to Detroit. I managed to bump the magnetometer and set it off, (the guard saw me bump the side slightly and remarked that's why it went off) so they sent me back through and then on to the full body thing, because I had set off the magnetometer. :rolleyes:

Oh, and there are two monitors side by side mounted on a gooseneck attached to the side of the unit, not in a separate room. The guard telling me how to "pose" was also the one looking at the monitors. I have no idea if they trade male and female guards back and forth depending on if it's a guy or gal going through the scanner. I know he wouldn't let me move until the image had cleared off the screen. Don't know why, but I can guess...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I fly all the time. Have to - it's part of the job. They can view my pasty white caucasian rear end all they want. I personally just don't care.

That said - I feel that all of this focus on checking for _items_ is misdirected... Like the Isrealis, we should checking for actions as much or more. Instead of training relative grunt level folks as screeners, they should be interrogation experts. El Al flies all of the time and you KNOW that they are a big time high value target.

I screen my fellow passengers as they get on the plane. And it isn't politically correct either. I'm watching and observing who I might need to take out based on their behavior. So if you get on a flight in Indy or Louisville (most likely headed to Houston, sometimes elsewhere) and there's a fat white guy in an aisle seat.... (grin)

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I'm not too thrillled by the idea of a full body scan, but luckily I don't have to fly any time soon. Hopefully things settle down soon.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oooh! I'll have to get my wife to embroider my underwear with "Don't act like you're not impressed" in some high-density thread before I fly next time :D

Also, lots of rep to the first person who documents themselves giving the TSA screener the Goatse-pose. (if you don't know what that is...do not try to find out...trust me)

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Oooh! I'll have to get my wife to embroider my underwear with "Don't act like you're not impressed" in some high-density thread before I fly next time :D

I was thinking along the same lines, but maybe with some sort of body paint. I think it would be hilarious to write a letter or a note to the screener on my chest for them to find.

That being said, yes, this is an invasion of our privacy. However, by choosing to fly commercially, we agree to allow certain things to happen, and one of them happens to be a sewcurity screening before entering the sterile area. I you don't like it, don't fly commercially.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That being said, yes, this is an invasion of our privacy. However, by choosing to fly commercially, we agree to allow certain things to happen, and one of them happens to be a sewcurity screening before entering the sterile area. I you don't like it, don't fly commercially.

No, we didn't agree to it. And sometimes flying is the only plausible option for travel. The goal is to get people used to horrible violations of privacy, and eventually defend it, like you just did. Eventually the statists running the Government would love to have TSA officers doing searches of everyday people on the streets.

Read the 4th Amendment to the Constitution and tell me if we-the-people agreed that agents of the Government should be able to scan us, see our naked bodies, search our body cavities, & empty our suitcases, just because we bought a plane ticket.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Airline Security is the airline's job. Not Big Brother.

Top Bottom