• ...and so much more!
  • Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    Review
    Don't know if anyone else saw these for sale. Tuesday Morning had these Sharper Image spotter scopes. Original retail $80. Sale price was $29. So I figured that it would be worth trying for a spotting scope.

It had a 25x and an 18x reticle that attached to the body. It just slid in, it didn't lock in, and could fall out if carried upside down. It had a tripod with a cheap but functional camera style mounting pad with lockdown nut. The scope body was black and plastic.

There was a "focus" ring that adjusted, the view. The problem was I could not get it to really focus. Everything was still out of focus, and had a bit of a fisheye effect. I was still able to use it at the range, it did help, but was annoying and I kept fiddling with the focus trying to get it in.

Switching reticle to the 18x had no effect.

I ended up taking it back. I did try in the store swapping it for another to see if it was the same and it was, it was unable to focus.

Now the pictures on the box show it was mainly used for stargazing, not designed for shooting but it also said it would be good for birdwatching. Similar use to shooting. I would pass if you are considering one.

Top Bottom