• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccityguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2014
    Columbia City
    So I was at Wally world yesterday picking up a couple hundred rounds to use on the new Slide fire setup. Sidenote: the Tulammo is not ideal for slidefiring. kind of underpowered to rapidly cycle the action. I digress...

The bullets are now just silver, looks like they are no longer copper washing them? Anyone else seen this or did I get some out of a incomplete run?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Might be a cupro-nickel alloy used rather than the usual. It would help to bisect a bullet to see.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I noticed the same thing in the batch that I purchased from Wally World a few weeks ago, though I haven't noticed any change in the accuracy of the different rounds.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    No worries it'll shoot the same. I actually just saw a video on this recently.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    So I was at Wally world yesterday picking up a couple hundred rounds to use on the new Slide fire setup. Sidenote: the Tulammo is not ideal for slidefiring. kind of underpowered to rapidly cycle the action. I digress...

The bullets are now just silver, looks like they are no longer copper washing them? Anyone else seen this or did I get some out of a incomplete run?

tulammo worked fine in my ar when i had my slidefire

ccityguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2014
    Columbia City
    The Tualmmo stuff works but it requires a bit gentler push due to the slight lack in recoil compared to the NATO spec stuff. The NATO spec rounds were easy to fire, plenty of recoil.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Depending on barrel gas port, barrel length, gas system length, buffer spring, and buffer, you guys likely have AR's that cycle slightly differently. It's not that you don't have problems and he does.....it's that you have an AR that's better suited to run lower powered ammo.

Drop a lighter buffer in when you're running Tula on the slide fire if it's having trouble cycling.....Problem solved.

wasnt the case in my ar. worked like a champ

Top Bottom