• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    I've been shooting a long while now, and for range use I love Tulammo because its cheap, it's fairly accurate, and it's been reliable up until two weeks ago. I was helping some friends and new shooters with some training when I had a FTE in my AR. It turned out to be a weak rim on a Tulammo .223 that broke when the bolt tried extracting the round. Then yesterday I had the exact thing happen again. I can't be positive, but I believe the rounds were from two different batches. Has anyone experienced this before? I contacted Tulammo USA yesterday, sent them a message on there web site. If anyone is interested ill post a response if/when I get one.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    From a business standpoint, I would bet Tula's quality control isn't slipping, I'm guessing the percentage they deem acceptable as failure is staying the same because of increased output, it's just were seeing more. An example is if they allow 1% of all ammo to be a dud, it would make a difference if they produce 1 million rounds a week vs. 2 million a week after the panic. That's just an example of numbers, none are probably true haha

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I would like to hear what they say. I fired a lot of tula and it has been fine for me. Through both handgun and ar

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    I would like to hear what they say. I fired a lot of tula and it has been fine for me. Through both handgun and ar

I have too, and for the other calibers I'll still use Tula, but these were catastrophic failures as far as gun fighting goes which has left me with a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth so to speak. Hopefully they'll get back with me relatively soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what their customer service is like. I'll post a response when I get one.

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    From a business standpoint, I would bet Tula's quality control isn't slipping, I'm guessing the percentage they deem acceptable as failure is staying the same because of increased output, it's just were seeing more. An example is if they allow 1% of all ammo to be a dud, it would make a difference if they produce 1 million rounds a week vs. 2 million a week after the panic. That's just an example of numbers, none are probably true haha

Thats a good point, it's easy to forget how much ammo they're putting out when it's so scarce.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I've noticed quality issues too but not with Tulammo. I compared a brand new box of .22LR i just bought to a box from prepanic. The rounds in the older box looked brand new, shiny and flawless compared to the new one which the rounds which are dull and just look kinda rough

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    Update: Tula communications (start at bottom edited for privacy)

Thank you for your quick response.

I appreciate your willingness to correct the situation, however the $10 for 40 rounds isn't really my concern. I was checking my local gun forums over the weekend and this problem has been coming up more frequently. Obviously there is no way for you to guarantee me I won't have anymore problems, but can you tell me if it is just a random quality control issue (bad batch) or if its because of the increased production at the factory.

Im in no way trying to knock your product. I fully intend to continue using tulammo in my other calibers, and I'd like to have confidence in the .223.

Instead of a check I'd love a sticker or a keychain or something, I'm kind of a geek like that.

Thank you

On Sep 16, 2013, at 4:59 "A.

Mr. Smith,

I'm sorry to hear about the FTE's you experienced with some of our .223 ammo. We would have no problem reimbursing you for those two boxes if you'd like. Let us know what your mailing address is and we will send you a refund check. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to resolving this soon.

Best regards,

A
    -----Original Message----
    Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 9:43 P
    Message Body:
    To whom it may concern:

While firing my AR15 I've had two rounds fail to extract because of weak rims. This is very disappointing as I have several hundred rounds of Tulammo .223, and swore by it as excellent ammo. The two problems came from different boxes purchased at different times. I only have the lot number for the second one because I figured the first was a once in a lifetime incident. I also kept the casings, but apparently lost the casing from today at the range somewhere. I would appreciate some feedback.

Top Bottom