Tully's talking about common-sense gun laws again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Of course, he's asking for the sensible majority to speak up:

I wish someone in the General Assembly would propose "sensible media control"--background checks and police approval for each column Tully writes.

But, enough of that, let's look at the column.

It’s easy to forget that most of America supports sensible new restrictions on the gun trade.

Even if true, so what? Constitutional rights are enumerated to be placed beyond the whims of the majority.

If a majority in Indiana wanted to burn down every mosque, would this be permissible to Tully?

t’s easy to forget this because the irrational gun lobby and so many single-issue voters that follow it have brilliantly and cynically turned their minority opinion into a standard that few politicians dare to challenge.

The standard is the Constitutions of the State of Indiana and the United States of America.

We have crystal clear language in both protecting our right to arms.

Mr. Tully's desires--welfare checks and other free crap from Uncle Sugar--are strangely absent from both Constitutions.

The numbers are almost hard to believe, when you consider the inaction that follows each new tale of violence.

We can encourage the good guys to carry, Mr. Tully. How about this: all individuals bearing arms are exempt from paying sales tax in the state of Indiana. Put the burden on those not carrying.

Eighty-five percent of adults support universal background checks on gun sales. Yes, 85 percent. That’s according to a recent Pew Research survey and it’s actually a notch below the 86 percent found to support universal checks in a Gallup poll this fall.

And so? How did Indiana's UBC which was in the law from 1974 to 1998 work out for you?

What was the compliance rate? .001? How did your UBC impact Indiana's crime rate?

Just how will you enforce a UBC? Make it a felony and throw grandfathers in jail for buying .22 rifles at garage sales without government permission?

The gun culture is enormously law-abiding, pro-law enforcement. How will your UBC impact this? Do you understand Irish Democracy, Mr. Tully?

Those efforts have failed after 20 elementary school students were slaughtered in 2012

Yes, Adam Lanza, who we couldn't commit to a mental ward because your side, the Left, decried institutionalization as "cruel and unusual". Now we have to disarm everyone else because Lanza used the matricide loophole in obtaining his carbine. Oh, by the way, where Adam Lanza committed his murders, already had an "assault weapon ban", how did that work out for ya at Sandy Hook?

And, quite honestly, given the scope of this epidemic it’s hard to think of a time in which our government and our politicians have failed this country more.

Funny, I believe not infringing on my civil rights to be government working. If government does infringe on my civil rights, then I work to alter or abolish it.

Along with better background checks, the polls show similarly strong support for the creation of a federal database to track all gun sales,

Track all gun sales? Going to put RFID chips in guns like .gov did with the guns it was giving the Mexican gangs? How did that work out?

Registration? So about a 1% compliance rate. A 1% compliance rate for 400 million guns. Laughable.

The 1% who comply with registration will be . . . just who exactly? Collectors in my SES registering collections for re-sale for their 3-D 401ks. Big threat to law and order they are. A single mom who wants a Taurus .38 to defend home and hearth?

Good luck selling registration to the gun culture as a whole. You may not face direct action, but civil disobedience will be the order of the day.

Mr. Tully, you do realize that criminals are immune from registration, right? Let me state that again, criminals need not register their guns. The Supreme Court of the United States of America said that this would violate their right against self-incrimination.

If criminals need not register their guns, why do you want me to register mine?

hey hide when a 10-year-old boy is gunned down in Indianapolis,

And so? Prosecute the person who murdered the child. Leave us alone. Oh, the fact that the child was murdered is your fault, Mr. Tully. Your side gave us the Welfare State in order to buy votes. You imprisoned my fellow Americans by trading their votes for our money. It lead to Life at the Bottom and 10 year olds being murdered.

when gun violence turns Chicago into a war zone,

Again, your fault. Chicago had every gun law you want, including a handgun ban. Now it is a festering ulcer of mopery.

I hear from the small but very vocal group that opposes any and all restrictions on gun sales.

You mean the people that support and defend the Constitution? Those radicals?

Yes, we are here. We are reproducing. We are going stronger. We aren't going anywhere.

Want to go shooting, Mr. Tully?

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bet that column earned him a nice check form uncle bloomy.

Always follow the money.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The 1% compliance rate, or whatever, is exactly what people like Tully want. They would love to see us made civilly disobedient at the stroke of the pen. To turn the tide of society's power against us, and put us on the outside, looking in. Like we deserve.

There has in the past been such hand-wringing over the crumbling business model of "The Newspaper," and the decline of news-gathering organizations and the like. Why then do they insist on making their potential customers feel like we're being rhetorically and personally smashed in the face every time we pick up their publication? You would think making large numbers of people delight in their demise, would not be good business.

And it makes you wonder what the gun community ever did to Mr. Tully, personally. Why the chip on the shoulder? Did he spend his high school years stuffed upside-down inside his own locker, put there by the cool kids with shiny hunting rifles and popular big-boob girlfriends who stuck gum in his hair? I mean seriously, what accounts for the animosity? Did the "It Gets Better" campaign come along too late to help him? Organizationally, is it not possible for a professional newspaper editor to (drum roll....) *edit* this guy, to screen out the obvious condescension and malcontentedness? Barring that, is it really so difficult for this obviously unhappy person to make the 3-hour career jump up I-65 to Chicago and greener occupational pastures, and the kind of urbane, tightly-controlled high crime rate environs he so obviously craves and needs?

Yech, whatever. These musings make about as much sense as asking "why" the Muslim extremist terrorists like the ones in San Bernardino hate us. I guess the concept of law-abiding Christian America is just too..."too" for them.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Tully is the spawn of what happens when you combine Dan "Crapenter" Carpenter (anyone remember him? yeah, probably not) urine with Erika Smith (remember her? yeah, probably not) poop.

Top Bottom