• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I use the Frankford tumbler with Lyman walnut media. When I looked at the Frankford Kit, I didn't see the cost/benefit to having the separator v. (what I do) a cheap plastic colander from the dollar store with a plastic container (with lid) to filter the media into.

I also found Dillon Polish works well.

One helpful thing I learned to keep dust down is to cut a dryer sheet into 1-2 inch strips and add that to your media during tumbling.

Good luck.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I ran a Frankford Arsenal for 3 years, and used it probably 5 hours a week, it finally went **** up, and now I'm on to a Smart Reloader tumbler that I bought on the cheap, and it's taken a beating the last year and a half and has kept on running.

I use Walnut media myself, I'll add in a bit of the Lyman additive every once in a while. Don't forget the dryer sheets.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Well guys I ordered my reloading kit from Midsouth as of yesterday and it shipped this morning. To say the least... I am pumped.

Quick Question though: I have alot of 9mm and .223 loaded rounds. Its it safe to tumble these? If so how long do you guys tumble loaded rounds?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Well guys I ordered my reloading kit from Midsouth as of yesterday and it shipped this morning. To say the least... I am pumped.

Quick Question though: I have alot of 9mm and .223 loaded rounds. Its it safe to tumble these? If so how long do you guys tumble loaded rounds?

I know it's safe in a vibratory tumbler. I tumble live ammo all of the time until it is shiny and clean enough for me, which is pretty clean. Sometimes half hour, sometimes 3-4. Just depends on how dirty it is.

There was a thread on AR15.com I believe where a guy tumbled live ammo for some crazy amount of time, I'd like to say 2-3 days straight and inspected the powder and everything afterwards, it was all the same as before. So tumble your heart out. :)

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I know it's safe in a vibratory tumbler. I tumble live ammo all of the time until it is shiny and clean enough for me, which is pretty clean. Sometimes half hour, sometimes 3-4. Just depends on how dirty it is.

There was a thread on AR15.com I believe where a guy tumbled live ammo for some crazy amount of time, I'd like to say 2-3 days straight and inspected the powder and everything afterwards, it was all the same as before. So tumble your heart out. :)

Awesome!! Thanks alot

Top Bottom