• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My least favorite part of reloading is seating primers. It just seems easier to seat the primers, if I tumble after removing old primer. I hand tumble the media into a 5 gallon bucket using a kitchen colander after tumbling is done. Prior to seating the new primer, I tap the case on the desk a couple times on the way to the press. It works better for me.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Those that wet tumble-ss pins... What is your wash recipe? Dawn, lemishine? What ratios? I sometimes get a result with a pale looking brass. Not real brassy brass which is what I'm trying to achieve.

I've found pale looking brass is usually from too much Lemishine. I tumble with a HF dual drum like this https://www.harborfreight.com/dual-drum-rotary-rock-tumbler-67632.html and use the tiniest of sprinkles in each drum. Probably about what it would take to fill a .22lr case. That, a splurp of Dawn, hot water, and an hour of tumbling equals perfect brass.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    How many 9mm or .38 Special cases can you do per loading in that tumbler. I'm looking to switch from dry tumbling to wet mostly because of my OCDness.

Top Bottom