• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok, so i tumbled my rifle brass with lyman treated walnut. its clean and shiny, but has a red tint of dust on the outside. i know i have to wipe them off, but how do i get the stuff cleaned out of the primer pocket and inside the case???? do i have to run it through some corncob or what????? thanks everyone....

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I wipe mine down with rubbing alcohol, just a tad and use a swag cleaner on the primer pockets and a Qtip dipped in rubbing alcohol to wipe out the inside of the cases, let dry for a while and then good to go

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    That reddish hue will not affect them. I wipe the outside of mine down with a towel and proceed to load. Just make sure the flash hole is clear and you're good to go.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    heres another question, i have some m196 red tracer ammo. milsurp. they have a block oily type residue. From what i understand, they were pulled bullets and the black stuff was to seal the case neck from water. can i tumble the bullets without damaging the tracer powder to get the black ring off??? thanks.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I wouldn't worry about it, and if you tumble it, it will more then likely strip the paint off the tip, or at least fade it. As long as the ring isnt causing loading issues, I'd simply wipe it down and seat them.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ya I've heard of people dpi that. just lay it on top of the media and brass in the tumbler, right? good idea

Top Bottom