• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is getting expensive..... $512 to hunt gobblers three states. Next year might be worse, I think we've got some private land lined up in Kansas.

A82LpVfh.jpg

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    This is getting expensive..... $512 to hunt gobblers three states. Next year might be worse, I think we've got some private land lined up in Kansas.

A82LpVfh.jpg

$512 for 3 states ? ! ! What a bargain. Price a non resident elk or mule deer tag out west lately ? Or, heaven forbid one of the sheep tags !

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hear ya but if I tag out in all three states (7 birds) I won't get as much meat as one elk backstrap!

I'm really not complaining. I'll get at least 13 days of hunting in on these tags and that's a lot of time in the woods, worth every penny.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Next year might be worse, I think we've got some private land lined up in Kansas.
    Kansas is an awesome place to hunt. Our first year there we knocked on doors and got several hundred acres to hunt on top of the 5000 acres we already had. In addition to the private ground there are 1000's of acres of public access and WIHAs. Some of the landowners we talked to couldn't understand why we would travel from Indiana to hunt turkey. One old boy said, "kill them all I hate them." He too mentioned that the best way to get them is from a truck window with a rifle. Permission for turkey is easy there, deer hunting, now that is a different game.
    One farm that was full of birds was secured with a case of beer. The farmer said not to bother asking when we come back, just treat his farm like its ours. Good people in Kansas.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've heard that about Kansas. One of my coworkers goes out there for turkey and deer every year and said the same thing about the locals thinking he was crazy to drive that far for turkeys.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like you need to buy some land Phylo. I hunt for free even though my chances aren't as good, it's still a good day hunting.:)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sounds like you need to buy some land Phylo. I hunt for free even though my chances aren't as good, it's still a good day hunting.:)

I'd love to and my hunting partner and I have been looking in OH & KY for several months now. We may take a look at a property in KY while we're down in TN. We've put a ton of time and money into our lease here in IN and don't want to give it up if we can still afford it. Hoping we don't get priced out of the running when our lease is up.

Top Bottom