• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Spent 2 days at Turkey Run. I had packed my G19, with a web belt and a Bianchi UM84 holster. We had a cabin and my wife asked why do we need a firearm on vacation? I asked if she brought her toothbrush and hairbrush, she replied "she would not leave those behind". Same with me!

I did not observe anybody "carrying" on the trails, or walking about the parking lots, or by the Inn. I decided to CC, to an inside the trouser style holster, under a light fleece pullover. Carried entire time didn't really notice until I added my canteen/cup/cover to my web belt and hit a couple of easy trails. The belt covered the tail of my fleece pullover and could interfere with the draw of my weapon if needed. I did have a tactical folder knife clipped to my offside pocket so, not a big deal. Also had my gerber multi tool on my trouser belt in a sheath.

My 10yr old son loved the walk/hike and we took a swim after returning. The Inn was crowded, but the pool was empty of swimmers during the day.
    All in all, a nice 2 day get away.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Check out Shades State Park too!

It's right down the road from Turkey Run. They only have camping (no hotel) but it's much less crowded that TR.

The trails are just as good and in some cases better.

Top Bottom