• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Just got back from a trip thru the woods on my atv. Kicked up 4 hens and a jake. Turkey sightings have been increasing on my property over the last few years. Haven't hunted them here yet but it's getting tougher not to do. Might be time to get the bow out and shoot some practice arrows. :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sitting on the porch this morning drinking my coffee, I could hear three turkeys sounding off every time the woodpeckers started making noise. Should be a good season.:)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Did a little scouting last night and this morning. We only saw one gobbler and a hen on the farm in Fountain Co. last night. Left from there at 6am and drove 45 minutes to a new farm I secured in Tippecanoe Co. last year and only heard two gobblers. Unfortunately they were both on the other side of the river from us. I'm hoping for a good season but this scouting trip sure didn't instill much confidence. We only filled one tag out of four last weekend in KY, I was hoping we could tag out quickly next week and head back down and try to fill a few more.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Did a little scouting last night and this morning. We only saw one gobbler and a hen on the farm in Fountain Co. last night. Left from there at 6am and drove 45 minutes to a new farm I secured in Tippecanoe Co. last year and only heard two gobblers. Unfortunately they were both on the other side of the river from us. I'm hoping for a good season but this scouting trip sure didn't instill much confidence. We only filled one tag out of four last weekend in KY, I was hoping we could tag out quickly next week and head back down and try to fill a few more.

Fear not, Dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEusWgLlNU

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've had birds come at me on a dead run from 150 yards but I've never had one take flight to clear an obstacle to get there. Maybe I need to work on my calling.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I saw one between a corn field and some woods but it was a lone hen. I have yet to see the 12-15 bird group I have been told about. Unfortunately I had to leave before season started.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I saw a bunch not too long ago between GBurg and Shelbyville close to the Flatrock River. Third time I've spotted them in the same area. first time saw 4, then 8-10 then 15 or so.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There was one at a busy intersection in Fort Wayne this last week...

Just walking around in a small patch of grass.

Top Bottom