• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Just thought I would share my day with the INGO crew. Today I went to the outdoor range to shoot my Mosin Nagant and my Glock 26. When I finished shooting I looked out toward the 300 yard range and saw a whole mess of wild turkeys (not the drink). As they were walking into the woods I was able to count 26 of them. They didn't seem spooked by the gun fire. There are deer that live in the immediate area and they will walk onto the range while there is active shooting. I guess they are accustomed to the ka-booms. It was a great day. I was the only person there, so I didn't have to worry about sharing. It was a little cold out today, but I dressed warm. Now I have to go down to my basement shop and clean rifle....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Turkeys at Crosley

I saw a turkey at Crosley a while back. I watched him ram a bullet down the barrel of his muzzle loader without putting in a powder charge. :rolleyes: I've seen deer there also.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, the last time I was at our family range, which is in the woods. A deer walked through teh middle of the range at about 80 yards. It even stopped to look at us like, "WTF are you looking at!" lol

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    HPRSTurkey2.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I was down in FL this summer shooting at the range my brother is a member of, several Guinea hens were hanging out on the rifle range. They were just walking around and they actually flew up in the baffles at one point, and one flew down just as we were beginning a string of fire. Luckily there were no casualties.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    This turkey is not as hard to catch, but not quite good eating. LOL! I wish I had had my camera. It is one of the few times I have ever gone to the range without taking my video or digital camera. When I told my wife about it, the first question she asked was, "Did you take a picture of them?" :ugh:

Top Bottom