Merrillville
    73497921_10156823562201925_2718096587581554688_n.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Where do you think the current bunch of partisan hacks on the news learned how to shape the news to their agenda? The only difference between the current batch and Cronkite and his ilk is the prevalence of alternative news sources to expose the lies now days.

I don't know if you're old enough to have watched the mentioned broadcasters on the air at the time. If you are, then I wonder whether your memory is intact. If not, then it's obvious you are generalizing with no relevant basis.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I don't know if you're old enough to have watched the mentioned broadcasters on the air at the time. If you are, then I wonder whether your memory is intact. If not, then it's obvious you are generalizing with no relevant basis.

I am old enough and that was the same generation of reporters that, for example, covered up the Kennedys's affairs.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . I am old enough and that was the same generation of reporters that, for example, covered up the Kennedys's affairs.

I believe that was an old idea called "discretion". It often accompanied another old idea called "respect for the office."
    I know,. I know,. old and broken. But did you really need to know about Bill and Monica? I could've gone the rest of my life without hearing about that stuff.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Someone made this point on another forum I visit. What happens if there is an actual crisis in this country? Who can we trust to get us the information we need? We may not have enough time to visit a dozen websites to see if the North Koreans really are lobbing nukes at us.

When the farmers out west see the missiles leave their silos, hope they get on twitter and report it?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I believe that was an old idea called "discretion". It often accompanied another old idea called "respect for the office."
    I know,. I know,. old and broken. But did you really need to know about Bill and Monica? I could've gone the rest of my life without hearing about that stuff.

It was called "covering up for our guy." Respect for office might include not getting your knob polished on duty. During their term in office (i.e. blackmail material), not just "youthful indiscretions".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I am old enough and that was the same generation of reporters that, for example, covered up the Kennedys's affairs.

So, there was a time in America where sex was kept behind closed hotel room doors and the press didn't talk about it.

That would be a wonderful thing today. AmIRight?

Top Bottom