Turning an old pick up truck into a hillbilly motorhome...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Battery powered CO2 detector, please.

On it and I am going to keep the windows opened about 3 inches and will turn it off before going to sleep...

And thank you for looking out for me brother!!!!

I agree with the precautions, but allegedly the Buddy heaters are safe for use inside (inside tents at least). I know I've used one inside of a tent in the winter with no ill effects (other than the 1 lb. gas cylinder running out before morning).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's a YT channel about a firefighter who lives in his truck bed.

[video=youtube;1uO9zem0rv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uO9zem0rv8&t=251s[/video]

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That looks like my truck--old blue is an '88 Silverado....even has the rubber mat in the bed like that. Hubby accidentally burned my cap though when he was burning leaves one day and the cap was being stored off of the truck.

One of my suburbans would be ideal for this. I've seen quite a few ideas for using them for camping.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got one of these from a customer...He kept it in his deer blind but never used it...I asked why and he said, "Easier to just go in the woods..."

So now it's in the back of my truck...Not for me....For guests.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

s-l640.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got one of these from a customer...He kept it in his deer blind but never used it...I asked why and he said, "Easier to just go in the woods..."

So now it's in the back of my truck...Not for me....For guests.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

s-l640.jpg

I agree! I'll take my chances in the woods. I carry out my TP but bury the "other". That's why I have no desire to have an RV. Way too much work compared to tent camping. The world is my bathroom! :): But to have to go somewhere and pump out my ****, winterize the water system, all that... no. That's way more effort than I want to put into "camping". Besides, that's not camping. That's "parking". Might as well get a motel room.

Besides that, the places I camp are really only accessible by boat. I have yet to find an amphibious RV.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had a Dodge D50 that I put an Eagle cap on. When I was Stationed in Sandog, I spent many nights roughing it listening to the surf on the 'Strand. I bought one of those carpet covered kits that had storage over the wheel wells and the lower 2 piece bottom could be secured so it was the same height as the storage. It was cushioned with closed cell foam under the short nap carpet. I was the pimp of mini-truck world back in '83-'87!

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had a Dodge D50 that I put an Eagle cap on. When I was Stationed in Sandog, I spent many nights roughing it listening to the surf on the 'Strand. I bought one of those carpet covered kits that had storage over the wheel wells and the lower 2 piece bottom could be secured so it was the same height as the storage. It was cushioned with closed cell foam under the short nap carpet. I was the pimp of mini-truck world back in '83-'87!

My apartment was a little south of there, Imperial Beach 85'- 89'

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I lived in some apartments in I.B. with a chick that was a manager at Naugles in National City. Her name was Sandy M. She drove a beige Ford Fairmont. Sound familiar? LMLBAO!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looking good! Now all you need is a countertop as deep as the wheel well on the other side for a camp stove, etc.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Battery systems are getting small, light, and can recharege from roof panels. I run an electric blanket, socks,CPAP, etc. on 12 volt.

Top Bottom