• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    The bass and crappie fishing at Turtle Creek used to be phenomenal. At one time it was rated as Indiana'a top bass fishery. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. As you probably know that lake is mostly shallow with the only deep water being the channels. Years back they killed off all the vegetation in the lake and it started going downhill fast. The vegetation has never come back and now it has been taken over by channel cats and carp. There are some big cats in there but you spend most all of your time messing with one pounders. Bass and crappie are very hard to come by anymore. If you go to the gatehouse and put your boat in you have to sign in. I have been there when I was the first person to sign in in over a week if that tells you anything about the fishing.Fishing from the road in the hot water for channels in February and March is popular though. I live close by so I do that from time to time but hardly mess with hauling a boat down there anymore. The one plus on the bass fishing side is, if you do hook one it is usually a pretty good one, but I have spent many days down there without a single hit. Usually if I do pick one up it is by cranking the creek channels. You almost always catch small channel cats instead of bass on the crankbaits though.

Top Bottom