• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    does any one use turtle wax to polish their brass? is it safe? I can`t smell any ammonia but that does not mean it not there.

I use Turtle Wax Ice in my tumbler with walnut media. Of course I wipe each down with a terry cloth before reloading to get the dust off, but the wax gives it a nice smooth finish and helps it run through the dies easier.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have a better idea, show me official printed documentation from the firearms industry, the ammunition manufactures and reloading companies that tell you to put "ANYTHING" on your brass cartridge cases.

What happens when repeated firing of your waxed ammo transfers wax to the chamber walls of your rifle at 50,000 cup.

Question: What were Tarzans last words.............

Answer: Who greased the viiiiiiiine?

Brass Cleaning with Stainless Media

Brass Cleaning with Stainless Media within AccurateShooter.com

Here is the first place I looked..
    Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders

"Rapid Polish 290 is the first cartridge case finish designed specifically to bring a brilliant shine (20 percent brighter than tumbling media alone) and a protective coating to reloaded ammunition."

Your turn, I'm not trying to be a dick about this. It was the whale snot comment that got me going. For all we know Dillon's rapid polish is nu-finish bought in bulk or under a different name from the same manufacturer

Top Bottom