• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Has anyone else noticed that on the legions of tv cop shows no one seems to need a warrant. They go crashing into homes, storage buildings, warehouses yelling federal agents, and 99% of the time there is no mention of a warrant.
    If there is mention of any paperwork, one buddy winks at the other and says," I think I hear a child screaming," and in they go. Next thing you see is them leading some evildoer off to the pokey. In reality wouldn't the bad guy walk, because of illegal search, regardless of what the good guys find behind the door?
    Hell, if a screaming child is all the excuse they need, my daughter better put up some swinging bar doors. Or are they just trying to get us used to seeing agents come crashing through our doors?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Could you imagine how boring it would be waiting for them to get warrants? Hours and hours of some lackey from the DA's office waiting around for a judge to sign off on a whole stack of warrants, and then another couple hours of the cops kicking in the door at the wrong address.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    The problem is the people that don't exercise their rights.

Just yesterday on Alaska State Troopers, they were called to a accident where a guy was sitting at a stop light in his pickup truck and was rear-ended by a motorcycle. The guy laid it down and it slid into the truck.

The police asked the truck driver if there was anything in the truck.....he said there wasn't. The LEO then asked if he could search it and the guy agreed. Sure enough....there were two pipes and three bags of pot....off he went to jail.

Why do people consent to searches when they know there is something in their vehicles???

Point is....people aren't very smart and most don't exercise their rights.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The TV people are among those that want us to just roll over and let it happen. They're probably more of the idea that the .gov is our friend and we have no possible justification to cause them trouble, but they are, at least, subservient to those who just want us to shut up and take it. The cops are just asking for trouble; there have been many instances of home invasion gangs yelling "police" or whatever just to throw people off for a few seconds. It gets to the point I have to wonder whether I should pause at all, no matter what they're yelling. I don't want to shoot cops, I really don't, but if they're not cops they need to be shot. Thinkin I'll act first to protect me and mine, then figure things out when they stop firing.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    My dad had a saying that I've always found helpful. "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see".

In regards to the TV....believe NOTHING! And I'm including what they show on the News. 80% of the time they can't even get the weather straight! TV intentionally puts a slant on everything, that's what gets them the big $$ from the advertisers. Without that there wouldn't be any TV.

I had a friend once, who believed everything she saw on TV to be real. I mean if they showed it, it MUST be real.....right? There was a situation once, where a mutual friend of ours was being taken in for "attempted rape", even tho there were about 15 witnesses who KNEW that he was innocent and that the girl staying with him, who was accusing him of the attempted rape, was an alcoholic and drug addict. (He let her stay with him, as a friend, because she had no where else to go, and no $$, so basically, he let her stay out of the goodness of his heart.)

When they were taking him off in handcuffs, and taking his stuff in to be tested for DNA, the ex-friend told the cop that she expected him to be released the next day, "because it was so easy to get DNA results nowadays". He looked at her like she was out of her mind! (Which usually basically she was...) When he said "no, DNA evidence takes a couple of weeks to come back", she promptly told him that what he'd just said wasn't true! After all....."Abby on NCIS can get it in only 24 hours! Why can't you? Are your people incompetent or what???" He busted up laughing, and asked if she believed everything she saw on TV? She said that no, she didn't, "but if it could be done on NCIS, CSI...Miami, Las Vegas, New York, etc., or Law and Order, then it MUST be true, and COULD be done"! Cuz they wouldn't show it on that many cop shows if it wasn't real! They don't lie to you on the TV, like the police do in real life!" (I really thought she was going to get busted herself for THAT statement!)

This time ALL the LEO's there had a good laugh at her, and pretty much patted her on the head and told her to go back and sit down where the rest of us were. She was furious, and put a call into their Supervisor, who ALSO had a good laugh, then told her to stop wasting his time with such stupidity and nonsense. She's a blond, right down to her DNA! And a permanently stoned one at that!
    CA: Land of the stoned, and home of the gullible! :ugh:

7th Stepper

Last edited:
    Top Bottom