Two and a Half Men about to lose another star?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I stopped watching CBS because they have the filthiest shows on any of the major networks. However, zeal must be accompanied by wisdom. Many young people of faith speak with zeal, but allow themselves to be trapped, only to be called a hypocrite. I certainly hope it works out for him, along with his contractual agreements. It's good to know that money and fame are not dictating his actions, but he must remember to be a light to those still associated with the show. Being a light doesn't necessarily mean setting bridges on fire.

Hopefully, he will connect with Kirk Cameron and have a mentor that can really help him deal with his life and spiritual issues.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Oh good for him! If anyone related to that show could be considered a "star". Take away the sex and drinking and the episode would only be about 11 seconds. The best part about it is the theme song!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I stopped watching CBS because they have the filthiest shows on any of the major networks. However, zeal must be accompanied by wisdom. Many young people of faith speak with zeal, but allow themselves to be trapped, only to be called a hypocrite. I certainly hope it works out for him, along with his contractual agreements. It's good to know that money and fame are not dictating his actions, but he must remember to be a light to those still associated with the show. Being a light doesn't necessarily mean setting bridges on fire.

Hopefully, he will connect with Kirk Cameron and have a mentor that can really help him deal with his life and spiritual issues.

My take: now that he HAS money and fame, he can afford a change of heart. It would appear different if he quit the show FIRST and walked away from the fame and money to follow his heart.

That said, he really does have a point. There is VERY little on TV that is worth watching. Most is junk, and a good bit (like this show) is pure trash.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The show has been on air since 2003. Filth or not, why do you suppose that is?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

I find 2.5 men not as bad as it used to be, but I have never really liked it. I remember watching shows on CBS liked "Touched by an Angel" and "Promised Land" that were shows anyone could watch and while you might have to explain why something happened in the show (like a crime or something), you didn't have to worry about having to explain the birds and bees to a five year old. Even shows like "Walker, Texas Ranger" was mostly clean. Now shows thrive on sex, violence and other stuff you might not want little kids to see. Look at Big Brother and Survivor. I wish shows like Andy Griffith was still doing new shows.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that this young man has everything to lose and nothing to gain by stating his Christian beliefs. The entertainment industry and news media aren't kind to Christians. I am hopeful that this 19 year old has true convictions.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    he seems to have no problem cashing his paychecks..
    so he must not really dislike the show..
    if he truly had a moral objection to the show he would quit..
    i think it is a play for more $$

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I've never watched the show. Then again, I am one of those people who think 95% of what they spew out as 'entertainment' is worthless garbage.

Sometimes I miss good tv shows, then I usually find something better to do with my time.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    he seems to have no problem cashing his paychecks..
    so he must not really dislike the show..
    if he truly had a moral objection to the show he would quit..
    i think it is a play for more $$

Maybe he knows that is in contract and knowing that breaking a contract has major implications, he will finish out his contract or hope the shows producers will cancel it for him if he truely wants to quit. I know recently, he is in the military and shows up via a "web cam" or once in a while in the house.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I find 2.5 men not as bad as it used to be, but I have never really liked it. I remember watching shows on CBS liked "Touched by an Angel" and "Promised Land" that were shows anyone could watch and while you might have to explain why something happened in the show (like a crime or something), you didn't have to worry about having to explain the birds and bees to a five year old. Even shows like "Walker, Texas Ranger" was mostly clean. Now shows thrive on sex, violence and other stuff you might not want little kids to see. Look at Big Brother and Survivor. I wish shows like Andy Griffith was still doing new shows.

I was watching Two Broke Girls and could stand very little if it. I guess that's why I pay $$ a month for TV Land and the Outdoor Channel.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was watching Two Broke Girls and could stand very little if it. I guess that's why I pay $$ a month for TV Land and the Outdoor Channel.

I ditched cable. Nothing but trash on every channel.

I have Netflix for movies.
    My brother built an antenna for me to pick up HD over the air - local channels for free.

Top Bottom