• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I heard it was a built in snow day: no snow days this year = day off for the kids.

WIBC reported that the school was open and brought up the question of why the girls were out. They also reported the school put out a letter confirming that the bodies found were the girls. Unless I missed it, no one else is officially saying this as of yet? Could be they got it wrong?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    And why were two 13 y.o. girls allowed to go out in the woods for hours without an adult present?
    I used to spend many an afternoon at that age with friends in the field behind the neighborhood, building and riding our little BMX track. My wife and her friends used to walk to the park and back after school in Indianapolis, a couple miles each way. My dad often talks about hiking several miles to either the fish hatchery, or over to where they were building the State Highway (to set off model rockets) at that age.

There was a time when 13 wasn't too young to have some amount of freedom. Sad that the time seems to have passed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While there is plenty of second guessing to go around, I think we need to know what happened before blaming anyone but the (apparent) perp.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    In for updates, hearts go out to family and friends.

Some people just need killing, the perp"s" in this case should have caught bullets long ago.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    It has officially been confirmed, the bodies found are of the girls last seen at the bridge.

Just give me a small empty room and a few minutes with this/these scum. No weapons, just me. I would thoroughly enjoy having at it with my bare hands. Save the taxpayers some money.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They have confirmed the identity of both girls and that they are investigating as a homicide.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm not sure if it's ok to copy/paste this. It's an email that was going around work today. A quick Google search hasn't revealed anything else about it. May not be related, or just some sicko playing games. :(

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017

Dear Caston Families,

A parent has informed me that on Feb. 14[SUP]th[/SUP], a man in a white Ford cargo van with no windows approached her child. The man asked if he wanted Valentine’s candy. The child had just been let off the bus, and the bus had driven away.

The man in the van is described as a thin white male in his late forties to early fifties with brown curly hair and a scruffy beard. He had on a gray t-shirt.

The parent called the police and made a report. She was told that he’d been seen in Fulton.
    I have contacted Sheriff Sailors regarding this incident and am waiting to hear back from him.

PLEASE make sure that someone is home or at the bus stop when your children get off the bus. If you are not able to be at home or at the bus stop, your child needs to know a safety plan; who to call and where to go if they feel threatened.

Bus drivers are receiving copies of this letter and will be on alert. I will keep you informed of any information I receive regarding this situation.

Sincerely,

Katie Miller

Katie Miller, Principal
    Caston Elementary School

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Does everyone in this thread know facts I dont or are we making assumptions (however safe they might be) about what happened here? Yes, it sounds like heinous foul play occurred but what do we know?...

I've never met either of these girls. but found out yesterday that one was a distant relative by marriage.
    I've been told by family sources that authorities have some very solid evidence implicating specific individuals in this matter.
    I'll not say more at this time because I do not want to hamper any investigation.

My brothers grew up with one of these two girls grandfather.
    They lived 1/2 mile down the road from my mother when I first came home from the military.

I'm confident it won't be long before there are major developments in this case.
    So sad.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You may want to edit to delete the phone number of the Principal, but I saw the same message shared on a local facebook news group...not a media group but a group some local people use to share verified information.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is the fact that it took an autopsy to identify them as bad a sign as my gut says it is?

As Hough says, the autopsy was probably a convenient reason to delay a news conference.

An extended autopsy, though, does suggest to me that there were specific evidence collection issues that take a long time. Likewise, a full inventory of the injuries may take a long time. Which is not a good sign.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure the autopsy was for identification purposes.
    I got the feeling it was to positively determine the cause of death.
    It is a murder investigation.

Top Bottom