• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks for posting the pics. I wondered if it was a B model and it is. I have two 85Bs and they are, after all the upgrades, beyond wonderful. IMO two of the best models for upgrade are the early 2000s 85Bs and the '94 transitional pre-Bs. They always seem to exceed expectations in regards to the trigger. The DA on both of mine are fantastic. Both of mine are 02's and both were factory satin nickel. Both were also thoroughly abused and nasty when I got them. Congrats on a great 85B and let me know if you ever decide to part with it. ;)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks for posting the pics. I wondered if it was a B model and it is. I have two 85Bs and they are, after all the upgrades, beyond wonderful. IMO two of the best models for upgrade are the early 2000s 85Bs and the '94 transitional pre-Bs. They always seem to exceed expectations in regards to the trigger. The DA on both of mine are fantastic. Both of mine are 02's and both were factory satin nickel. Both were also thoroughly abused and nasty when I got them. Congrats on a great 85B and let me know if you ever decide to part with it. ;)

You're a funny guy...... I think my SA on both is around 4.5-5 with what cajun parts I put in. It would be nice to get some adjustable sights, but the 1986 CZ 75 would to be milled for the front sight. Anyway enough about my CZ's this is supposed to be a guide for us from you to see how it goes from Surplus to Sexy.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I want one for my collection - and I don't even care if the finish looks particularly good - but I'm not going to pay all that much; $400 would be my top dollar for a relatively nice one.

Same deal with the Browning Hi-power - I would love to have a MKII in the collection but I'm not going to pay the current prices for one.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    CDI Sales has been shedding surplus pre-Bs on G B. One recently went for $625, another for $555. There are a few people out there who want a pre-B at about any price... :rolleyes:

I had been looking for a pre-B for three months. The models that CDI sales had listed on GB are in exceptional condition compared to what was listed in 2016. The condition I believe is what driving the price. If there is ever "more loved" models listed they should go for more reasonable price.

Looking forward to seeing how these two get the BA treatment, one step at a time

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I had been looking for a pre-B for three months. The models that CDI sales had listed on GB are in exceptional condition compared to what was listed in 2016. The condition I believe is what driving the price. If there is ever "more loved" models listed they should go for more reasonable price.

Looking forward to seeing how these two get the BA treatment, one step at a time

Picked up a 'new' '91 for $430. Another batch on GB, including two '87s... Just bought a new washer-dryer, so I'm out... :(

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Life happens. I truly hate to disappoint but both of these guns have headed down the path. I gifted one to a good friend who will help her along on her journey and the other has been "donated" to a good cause. If the two new owners want to continue this that would be great but for me, sadly, the story ends here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Life happens. I truly hate to disappoint but both of these guns have headed down the path. I gifted one to a good friend who will help her along on her journey and the other has been "donated" to a good cause. If the two new owners want to continue this that would be great but for me, sadly, the story ends here.
    :hijack:

Top Bottom