Two Florida deputy sheriffs shot and killed in restaurant.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    early reports stated that the officers had been at the establishment for 4 hours..... too soon?

Why does it matter? If they aren't taking calls would you rather have them out writing tickets, or just hanging out? Do you go out and actively patrol the neighborhoods looking for fires or medical emergencies when you aren't dispatched to one?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why does it matter? If they aren't taking calls would you rather have them out writing tickets, or just hanging out? Do you go out and actively patrol the neighborhoods looking for fires or medical emergencies when you aren't dispatched to one?

Its an old fat joke. (warning, NSFW language)

[video=youtube;aLkTuWdKrqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkTuWdKrqY[/video]

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Its an old fat joke. (warning, NSFW language)

[video=youtube;aLkTuWdKrqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkTuWdKrqY[/video]

No wonder I didn't find it funny. I'm glad some people can make jokes about 2 cops being ambushed and murdered while trying to enjoy a meal. But hey, they knew the risks when they signed up for it, right?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No wonder I didn't find it funny. I'm glad some people can make jokes about 2 cops being ambushed and murdered while trying to enjoy a meal. But hey, they knew the risks when they signed up for it, right?

Yep. Never said it wasnt too soon or that it was funny in this context. Just that I recognized the joke.

Too soon? Yep.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    MS-13 recently called for the killing of NYC cops. And BLM put out hits on cops on numerous occasions.
    Take your pick...

Seen an article about police in NY on alert because of some MS13 calling for the killing of cops at random(initiation?) Wonder if this could be somehow connected. That article came out roughly same time as this news broke.
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DrudgeReportFeed/~3/bYz0zEM5rdY/

Does not appear to be MS13, nor BLM...

He was described in the court records as a white male who stood 5’8″ and weighed 126 pounds. Highnote also had a weapons permit that expired in 2010 in Volusia County, online records show. He also previously had hunting permits in Florida.
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/john-hubert-highnote-bell-gilchrist-suspect/

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    And my son wants to go into law enforcement... My dad was a cop but back in his day, the worst he had to worry about was a few high denizens of the Projects getting a little out of hand or a biker bar brawl.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From Heavy 5 fast facts. A 40 year old dismissed weapons charge on a guy who last got a traffic ticket in 2012.

John Highnote has a criminal history in Pinellas County, Florida, but it was an old one. In 1994, he was accused of misdemeanor criminal mischief, but the case was dismissed the following year. In 1978, he was accused of felony carrying a concealed weapon, but the charge was also dismissed.

“The shooter, found deceased from a gunshot wound by responders outside the business nearby, has been identified as John Hubert Highnote, 59, of Bell,” the Sheriff’s Department reported. The department did not release further details of the gunman. Online records show him with a series of addresses throughout Florida over the years, including Clearwater, Daytona Beach, and St. Petersburg.

He did have a slew of somewhat more recent traffic offenses in that county, but the most recent is 2001. He had only one offense listed in Gilchrist County court records, which is where his hometown of Bell is located. It was for improper turn in 2012.

Among the other minor Pinellas County offenses: Improper operation of a motorcycle, unlawful speed, running a stop sign and the like.
    He was described in the court records as a white male who stood 5’8″ and weighed 126 pounds. Highnote also had a weapons permit that expired in 2010 in Volusia County, online records show. He also previously had hunting permits in Florida. He doesn’t come up as currently registered to vote in Florida.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    From Heavy 5 fast facts. A 40 year old dismissed weapons charge on a guy who last got a traffic ticket in 2012.

John Highnote has a criminal history in Pinellas County, Florida, but it was an old one. In 1994, he was accused of misdemeanor criminal mischief, but the case was dismissed the following year. In 1978, he was accused of felony carrying a concealed weapon, but the charge was also dismissed.

“The shooter, found deceased from a gunshot wound by responders outside the business nearby, has been identified as John Hubert Highnote, 59, of Bell,” the Sheriff’s Department reported. The department did not release further details of the gunman. Online records show him with a series of addresses throughout Florida over the years, including Clearwater, Daytona Beach, and St. Petersburg.

He did have a slew of somewhat more recent traffic offenses in that county, but the most recent is 2001. He had only one offense listed in Gilchrist County court records, which is where his hometown of Bell is located. It was for improper turn in 2012.

Among the other minor Pinellas County offenses: Improper operation of a motorcycle, unlawful speed, running a stop sign and the like.
    He was described in the court records as a white male who stood 5’8″ and weighed 126 pounds. Highnote also had a weapons permit that expired in 2010 in Volusia County, online records show. He also previously had hunting permits in Florida. He doesn’t come up as currently registered to vote in Florida.

I don't see anything that would drive him to murdering two on-duty cops and then kill himself, but I don't know the guy so I can't speak on his motivation. I'm sure there are members of INGO that have no problem with what he did.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    How awful. Brown (deputy) Lives Matter.

Not victim blaming, but reminds me once again to make the restaurant hostess seat me where I want to be, not where her seating chart indicates is next. Sometimes location matters.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't see anything that would drive him to murdering two on-duty cops and then kill himself, but I don't know the guy so I can't speak on his motivation. I'm sure there are members of INGO that have no problem with what he did.

I saw nothing about family with this guy. Son was arrested and this guy had a grudge? It said the guy was 5'8" 126. This being 2018 that's not too common of a weight, drugs? I know I always suspect drugs, but that's from watching the news.

For what it's worth, this INGOer is across the board anti-murder. I've heard reports of LEO departments having trouble finding recruits. Between **** like this and Monday morning quarterbacking from upper management I can see why. All that, exposure to disease and fentanyl, drunks throwing up in your car, domestic situations? No wonder.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The sadness of this aside. This is an outrage and this is war. Police have been under direct attack in this country since president Obama (such a disgrace to that title) basicly blessed assaults on police by black Americans (another title i wish I didnt have to use because I dont want to separate people into groups) who feel they have beef with the system because of some fictitious racism or unfairness.
    If police in this country are under attack then we all are under attack and our very ideals as a republic are under attack or at least the good contributing members of society.
    Hunt these ****ers down and kill them in their sleep. I dont care about their rights, these are terrorist and a different level of justice must be used. We need to declare groups like ms13 and the like actual terrorists and give even the average citizen the ability to kill them on sight. Or any group that targets police

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

Just remember while there might be a few haters, the rest of us stand with you and for you, we have your back.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just remember while there might be a few haters, the rest of us stand with you and for you, we have your back.

Yep...

Next time BBI is down I am going to let him have most of the drumstick Indi's chicken wings instead of handing him the little skinny one's with two bones.....

Who am I kidding....He'll have the drumsticks gone before he gets back to the shop.....

But he deserves them....Well...Most of them....

When I was young I remember LEO's getting killed in gunfights.....This is almost like an assassination......And it seems to be coming more common...It doesn't make sense....

Top Bottom