• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This past weekend took the gf into BG Firearms with me to pay on my layaway and she walked out with a Walther P22. Now she can go shooting with me and have her own lane instead of just watching me embarrass myself on my targets. We went to Camp Atterbury and fired. It was her first time firing a handgun.

We both agreed this was an important step in getting her over her fear of my firearms and get this..... she actually had fun. Go figure.

We went with the 22 as I think having her try my glock 19 for her first time would be too much for her and turn her off to the whole thing…(keep your mind out of the gutter!).

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Congratulations all the way around! The P22 is indeed an extremely fun gun to shoot. We have a laser on ours too... hehehehe Doesn't work very well outside though. I'd like a pink one but seriously can't justify the cost when we already have one and there are other firearms out there that Scutter would like to have. Yes, I said it Scutter... :)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    my wife hates my guns, but she is really good at shooting the Beretta .22 and Smith snubbie (better than me i admit....lol)

i am desperately trying to get her to the range more often but am experiencing resistance. haha

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's kinda nice to have your girlfreind or wife go shooting with occasionally.
    My wife has gotten be be a proficient shooter. I like the knowledge that she is my backup whenever we're running around town.
    She is also is a good "Ambassador" to other women that we know. At first they're suprised she carries, and then they start getting curious. Having more women joining our ranks will greatly help preserve our 2A rights.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Great step in having her shoot a 22 first its a great gun to learn on, If most of us look back and remmber that our Dad's started us out on a 22 and we sure had fun. you will have to watch your guns from now on she will be wanting to take them over. :rockwoot: :draw::ar15:

RedRedWine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many years ago I started my wife with a Ruger MkII and she loved it... even after a case ricocheted off the right wall of the stall, landed in her bra and burned her. Although she now has her own Beretta 92 (regardless of her grip she limp-wrists it once in a while), she still loves that MkII.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Many years ago I started my wife with a Ruger MkII and she loved it... even after a case ricocheted off the right wall of the stall, landed in her bra and burned her. Although she now has her own Beretta 92 (regardless of her grip she limp-wrists it once in a while), she still loves that MkII.

I was wearing shorts one range visit and was in a squatting position and a hot brass came flying up my shorts and burned the inner thigh :n00b:

I was jumping around like crazy trying to free that evil brass :):

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Sounds like my wife!!! Right down the middle and she was dancing around like a wild Indian, OOPPPSS! I mean Native American..All the while I am going, put the pistol down woman!!!!:laugh:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Wife probably just wanted to know why you didn't take her, too. :)

I was just kidding...no g/f for me. I'd like to keep my testicles. :) The wife and I go to the range together as frequently as possible. She has her own guns.

So it's not that women have NO sense of humor, it's just that we have a different sense of humor, since my tongue was planted firmly in cheek on that. ;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    DH and I go shooting together. He's much better than I, and is teaching me alot...

That's awesome. :D Be sure you look into taking training classes, too. I'm sure your husband is an excellent teacher, but you'd be amazed what a formal (or even an informal) class can teach you. :)

Top Bottom