• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    ok. if this is not a thread about religion, then lets not even talk about it... let alone joke about it. some people (myself) take Christianity seriously...
    PS. Mark 13:32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

TW

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    ok. if this is not a thread about religion, then lets not even talk about it... let alone joke about it. some people (myself) take Christianity seriously... geez, where are the mods around here??
    TW

It's not a talk about religion, it's a talk about an event predicted by people who are of a particular religion, but not something generally accepted by that religion.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    ok. if this is not a thread about religion, then lets not even talk about it... let alone joke about it. some people (myself) take Christianity seriously... geez, where are the mods around here??
    TW
    Not sure if serious... ????

Do you even realize the a good number of the people in this thread are Christians as well?

Without making this too religious, do you really think that you'll be able to predict the end? Come on, scripture even says it'll come when you least expect it. So it sure won't be this weekend. We're joking about the people that actually think they can predict this. The end of the world has been "predicted" hundreds of times in the past, this is no different. It'll come when it comes and there is nothing you can do about it, period. You won't know when, you won't know how, so for anybody to pretend that they do know those things is just ludicrous.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    TW

It's just the beginning of the end. It's like Ground Hog day. If Jesus see's his shadow we'll have 6 months of Tribulation.
    If your talking about this, thats pronounce "hey zeus". Why do you think they started talking about their lawns

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    PS. Mark 13:32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

TW

Uh, I think he's out sharpening his lawnmower blades?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    TW

Ok, lets get a couple things straight. I am a Christian as well. As a matter of fact, I am a Pastor. The thread was not started as a discussion of a particular religion, which is against the INGO rules. It was a discussion of some insane claims that a few have made, even if those claims have been made under the guise of religion.

The same would be true if we started a discussion of Westboro Baptist Church. It would hopefully not be a discussion of Baptist doctrine (I happen to be a Baptist), but would be a discussion of the insane claims of a select few.

If you have been following this story (and I would encourage you as a Christian to know what claims are being made), you would understand the failed logic, doctrine and hermeneutical understanding that led to these outrageous claims that are made by a few loonies.

Not meaning this as a personal attack. Just stating that there are a few who make outrageous claims, and we are just recognizing some of those claims. :twocents:

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    Ok, lets get a couple things straight. I am a Christian as well. As a matter of fact, I am a Pastor. The thread was not started as a discussion of a particular religion, which is against the INGO rules. It was a discussion of some insane claims that a few have made, even if those claims have been made under the guise of religion.

The same would be true if we started a discussion of Westboro Baptist Church. It would hopefully not be a discussion of Baptist doctrine (I happen to be a Baptist), but would be a discussion of the insane claims of a select few.

If you have been following this story (and I would encourage you as a Christian to know what claims are being made), you would understand the failed logic, doctrine and hermeneutical understanding that led to these outrageous claims that are made by a few loonies.

Not meaning this as a personal attack. Just stating that there are a few who make outrageous claims, and we are just recognizing some of those claims. :twocents:

ok, I must have not red the postings correctly. or just took it the wrong way... got it now.
    TW

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Zeus: Why're you calling me "Jésus"? Do I look Puerto Rican to you?
    John McClane: The guy back there called you Jésus.
    Zeus: No, he said "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
    John McClane: Zeus?
    Zeus: Yes, Zeus! As in Father of Apollo? Mount Olympus? Don't-****-with-me-or-I'll-shove-a-lightning-bolt-up-your-ass Zeus! You got a problem with that?
    John McClane: No, I don't have a problem.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Boy will the Mayans be pissed when they find out their calenders are all wrong!!
    Mayan-Calendar.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, I just googled it.

Something about 7K years between floods. If this weather keeps up, he might be on to something!

Then something about multiplying certain "important" numbers together. Not sure why those numbers are more important than other "important" numbers, other than they give him the result he is looking for.

I guess the human mind can find a pattern in about anything!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    From my Dilbert Calendar

Pointy Haired Boss: Use the numbers from the Alpha database to calcuate customer satisfaction.
    Dilbert: Those numbers are wrong.
    Pointy Haired Boss: Then use the numbers from the Beta database.
    Dilbert: Those numbers are wrong too.
    Pointy Haired Boss: Can you average them?
    Dilbert: Sure, I can multiply them too.

Top Bottom