• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So I go to the Friends of NRA banquet Saturday night, and this time I go without my wife -- too long for her, too long to leave the kids alone.

Bob and Deb Cheek from PSS are running a 20-30 game. $20 a ticket, they sell 30 tickets, and they pull a ticket, and you get your choice of gun on the table.

So I see a handful of shotguns, a couple 22 rifles, a few Kel-Tec P3AT and a PF-9, a pink Taurus .380, and Ruger LCR and MarkIII 22/45 with checkered grips.

I figure there's something there for my wife and so I but a ticket. A few minutes later and they call my number over the PA. :rockwoot:

I call my wife to ask her what she wants... and go over the options... we go back and forth for a few minutes... DEFINITELY NO PINK GUNS. :): Her final comment was, "get me something that won't cost a lot for ammo, so I can practice more."

So I picked the Ruger .22/45 with the nice checkered cocobolo grips.

Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel Rimfire Pistol Model 10140

Later on after dinner, they walked around with a "Ladies Basket" full of pink smelly stuff and for 5 minutes they sold $20 tickets. The claimed value of the stuff in the basket was >$300... so what the heck.

Before they pulled a ticket, they unloaded the basket to show what was inside... at the bottom was a Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .38 Spl engraved with Friends of NRA Hendricks County 2011, so it is a "one of a kind".

Charter Pink Lady #53830

She's not sure if she going to like the pink gun or not.

Technically, it cost me more than $40

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Those are both very sweet guns!
    I would love to own one of those, even the pink one! :D

I dont think if you pull a pink revolver on someone they will have the time to notice the color before the flash.
    And at the range real men are not affraid to shoot pink guns. ;)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Those are both very sweet guns!
    I would love to own one of those, even the pink one! :D

I dont think if you pull a pink revolver on someone they will have the time to notice the color before the flash.
    And at the range real men are not affraid to shoot pink guns. ;)

A pink gun still goes BOOM :D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Congats. to you and her!
    I have won several guns myself at FNRA banquets.
    The best was a Glock 22 .40S&W
    Enjoy your new arsnel!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd carry the Pink Lady. Pink is one of my favorite colors anyway. Thinking about getting a cheap AK and dying or staining the wood pink just so I'd always know which is mine. I wish I was lucky enough to win drawings like that, I was going to go to a church sponsored sportsman's dinner/raffle over the weekend but I didn't make it.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Total cost for the evening was $150, but that doesn't sound nearly as good as $20/gun.

If you count the years I've been going and not winning... well at least a bunch of Boy Scouts and 4-H'ers are learning to shoot.

BTW we got out to PSS and picked up the guns on Saturday. The Ruger is pretty nice. The Charter a little less so. The first thing I wanted to to was take it down and work on that trigger. Pretty gritty. Feels like steel scraping aluminum. It's not obvious how it should come apart, and the owner's manual doesn't give any instruction. I haven't worked myself up to punching the pins out of the frame. I searched but I could only find one set of not-so-clear instrctions for tear down. The anodized aluminum finish actually looks nicer in person than on the internet.

So instead I loaded up 150 rounds of 38 SPL (used Unique instead of Bullseye this time - gotta use that stuff up by batch loading since it won't give consistent charges in the progressive), 50 rounds of .45 Colt, (more Unique and batch loading) and last night 150 rounds of .40 S&W on the progressive (first time using No.7 on the progressive, checked a few times and dead on every time!).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom