• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Our daughter, SIL, and two grandkids came to visit today from Newburgh. The kids, he's 13, she's 11 wanted to shoot. They had never fired a gun before although their Dad is into guns and shooting. We started them with my Rem. 511 bolt action in single shot mode. Soon they were using the mag. We stressed safety and especially muzzle control. They soon graduated to semi auto .22 pistol with red dot sight. To say they enjoyed it is an understatement. They Ate It Up.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Awesome to hear. If more kids are exposed to shooting and gun safety there wouldn't be the senseless accidents that we hear all to often. I get all kinds of compliments from people at the range when we go with my daughter. She has been shooting since she was 6 and does better with the range rules than some adults. A guy came up one afternoon when we were shooting and thought it was funny how my daughter doing her thing like it was nothing. He had been trying to get his wife to come to the range with him, but she was afraid.

Keep up the good work.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My brother (11) and myself (8) were walking home from school and found a shotgun shell. We had no idea what it was but we were curious boys so we attempted to take it apart. We saw this little shinny circle on the bottom and thought it would help to take a nail and hammer to knock it out. We put the shell facing downwards on the concrete and began our several attempts the whack the nail with a hammer. All I can tell you is that only Gods protection kept the shell from going off.

When Dad got home from work we showed him what we found. When he saw the attempts we made on the shell he almost puked. He didn't have a gun to put the shell in so he cut the plastic back with his pocket knife and poured the gun powder in his ash tray and lit it to scare us.

I have spent the quality time at the range with my kids and grandkids to educate them on gun use and safety.

We have several different meets after church to allow families to come out to shoot and get the understanding of firearms. Of course we always eat some good food as well.

And by the way Marv it doesn't hurt that you are the coolest Grandpa ever

Top Bottom