• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I've returned two T.V.'s same model, same brand. Both where ghosting out of the box. Weirdest thing I've ever seen out of the box. I thought that maybe it was my satalite box, but I tried all 4 boxes in the house. It was even doing it on my PS3 and Wii.

149057_461881655035_744000035_5692653_6092746_n.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It wasn't Sansui brand was it?

I saw a lot of those on sale Black Friday, I was skeptical of the quality but figured I could return it if it was that bad.

Bought one, and the quality was worse than the old black and white console tv that I grew up with, it was absolutely horrible...

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    How many different connection types did you try? Did you try anything besides composite?

S-Videio, the Yellow video cord, the red/green/blue video cords (high def), good ol' cabel cords for the satellite box. The only input I didn't try was HDMI, but I tried all three inputs with multiple sources and they all showed up like that. I heard from a friend who sells electronics at our local Best Buy that he's had a few customers complain about the Sylvanias.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    After buying more than my share of flat panels now I can say that I would also stay away from the lower end ones. Even vizio. As much as I love one of my Vizio's they are notorious for the black screen of death. So is Polaroid and Westinghouse. Stick to Samsung, Sony, Sanyo, Panasonic, Sharp, LG. etc... Sanyo being the cheapest good brand from the constant forum board testimonies I read.

To date, 6 flat panels in my home...3 of which were low end models, 3 were not....The 3 lower end models are no longer here. They became doorstops after anywhere from 1-2 years.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Yeah, we have a really nice RCA in the living room that's 3 or 4 years old. It still looks really nice. My wife was sick of me playing my games in there so she bought "us" a 32" for the bedroom for Christmas. I finally picked out an Insignia which is the Best Buy in house brand. My friend has one and has had no problems with it.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I recently had a proh Hooked it up with HDMI and everything was fine. I also had a a Sony that set in thee delivery box for six months awaiting new construction. The unit failed three weeks after installation. Sony refused tsssonor the parts warranty.

While Installing HD from Dish Network I discover that the receiver had a setting in the menu for settings for HD. It greatly improved the reception. Hope this helps someonee and saves some time.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Don't say that, I just bought a 32" Vizio for $289 last Thursday. Won't know until christmas what it looks like though.

Vizios are usually pretty decent. The ones I've seen that have had problems were with the speakers in the tv but even a cheap surround sound fixed that. I did go LG when I got my 32" LCD in the fall of 2008, I paid $420-ish. Even though I've seen some nice Vizios, I'll probably still go LG when I get another/bigger tv.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Vizios are usually pretty decent. The ones I've seen that have had problems were with the speakers in the tv but even a cheap surround sound fixed that. I did go LG when I got my 32" LCD in the fall of 2008, I paid $420-ish. Even though I've seen some nice Vizios, I'll probably still go LG when I get another/bigger tv.

Some people have great success with Vizio's, but I wouldn't trust them to hold down my old homework assignments. That's just a little prejudice coming from my fingers though.

Top Bottom